Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S5e - Wifi not autoconnecting on boot up

Tigers278
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After a recent update (think around 6 weeks ago) my Tab S5e appears not to connect to the Wifi when booting up. Have tried several things (including sending it back to 02 where i got it from)

These are things i have tried:-

1) Reset Network Settings

2) Gone to a different location (ie my parents)

3) Factory Reset and restored settings from Samsung Backup

4) Factory Reset and restored settings from just Google

Sent it to 02 who checked it over and advised their was nothing wrong. Since having it back i have configured it again from Samsung and issue is still happening. I've started taking photos with my mobile to get proof I'm not going crazy.

When i boot the tablet up, it goes to 4g and wireless does not kick in (despite the option to autoconnect is enabled) When i got to the wireless settings, no wireless connections are appearing. To get this to work i have to turn wireless off and back on. Once this has been done, the connections appear and the tablet then connects

Are there any know issues with Wifi on S5e's. Are there any known fixes for this issue?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Korey01 @O2Ryan is this something you can look into maybe?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 5

Korey01
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @LukasB for the chance to resolve this. @Tigers278  I

will PM you so we can go through some more information.

signature
Message 3 of 5

Korey01
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

For future regarding this, it appears the samsung ios update has the issue with the wifi 

samsung will need to release a patch update to resolve this, thanks Korey

signature
Message 4 of 5

Tigers278
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
An update of sorts. Have spoken with 02 and they have advised it may be an update which has caused this. I was given a number to call Samsung Technical Team however it went through to the Reception Team. They took a whole load of details and scheduled in a call back for 1pm today. This came and went NO CALL BACK, not surprised to be honest was sort of expecting it but not good customer service tho
Message 5 of 5