Back up Help

underdog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello.

Any advice would be appreciated on the following please:

I'm having intermittent issues with my Samsung Android (txts & calls delayed or not being delivered although Whatsapp & other platforms / functions seem ok ?).

I have performed a soft reset (inc Mobile Network Access Point Names resest) but its still a bit iffy so guess I need a full factory reset on the device ?

Is there a simple efficient way to backup purchased Apps before I conduct the full factory reset please ?

Regards

underdog

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All purchases can be downloaded free of charge through Google Play Store.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All purchases can be downloaded free of charge through Google Play Store.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

underdog
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks MI5, was aware that after the reset I could probably go through google play (after I have reinstalled it !) and submitted my purchase details to download the Apps again (what a headache it all is !). 

Thanks again & regards.

Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@underdog The delay in your texts and calls may have nothing to do with your phone at all. Have you checked to see if there are any network problems in your area? http://status.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@underdog wrote:

Ok thanks MI5, was aware that after the reset I could probably go through google play (after I have reinstalled it !) and submitted my purchase details to download the Apps again (what a headache it all is !). 

Thanks again & regards.

There is no need to resubmit your purchase details.

Once you log back in with your Google account, you will be asked if you want to restore xx number of apps. You can select from the list or just choose "all".

Everything else is automatic, but if any do fail, just search on Play and press on install. The banner will say "purchased" already for any app that you own.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

underdog
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bambino,

Yeah have checked network coverage etc, many thanks.

Regards

Message 6 of 10

underdog
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MI5

Thanks for this much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Regards

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Best wishes mate.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If it's just texts and calls then a simple exercise may negate the need for a reset.

In network selection, change to manual mode, choose Vodafone and after the error message reselect O2.

See if that makes a difference. It's easy to check by getting someone to both call and text you.

Message 9 of 10

underdog
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou Jonsie

much appreciated 

Message 10 of 10