Did you mean: 

Paying off a payment plan.

Cas1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello!

Having some difficulty. Recently I missed some payments and went into arrears. I have arranged a payment plan that the customer service representative said would be due on the 28th of this month. O2 attempted to take a payment on the 24th, but this bounced because I hadn't been paid yet, and my services were suspended. O2 have not attempted again since then to take this payment, how do I pay this and only this? I can only afford the arrangement made, and I can't see any option to pay only this payment plan off online. Choosing a custom amount clearly states that it will pay off the arrears from the oldest first, and i'm worried this will mean my service will continue to be suspended, as the most recent bill will register as being unpaid.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated I am pulling my hair out over this. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Cas1 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Cas1 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

CHRIS710
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Save yourself time and let them pass to collection agency who will be far more honest with you and you pay what you can afford. If you have already defaulted then it's already a bad mark on credit record. Millions and millions of folk are facing a cost of living crisis so don't stress. 

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Stupid advice!

@Cas1 has no phone and probably relies on keeping their number

Totally irresponsible of you!

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6031 Posts
  • 104 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Stupid advice!

@Cas1 has no phone and probably relies on keeping their number

Totally irresponsible of you!

I couldn't agree more @jonsie. The strategy advocated by @CHRIS710 might have worked for him, but @Cas1 needs to bear in mind :-

1. the loss of his number as you have indicated. 

2. the difficulty in getting a contract from another MNO, particularly given that his O2 contract still seems to be live currently. 

3. one never knows how a DCA might react. For example, if they identify a situation whereby someone has assets but a paucity of income with which to pay, they might seek a court judgement and decide to enforce it. 

On the latter point, we do not know enough to comment but it cannot be ruled out. It is a risk. And you are then into a myriad of other issues such as employers who take a dim view of their employees having judgements against them.     

Message 5 of 5