Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed : "Your O2 RPI terms are changing"

DanielCoffey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been a customer for almost ten thirteen years and as such am (or rather, WAS) on an RPI-only annual price increase. I have just been told by O2 that in a little under two month's time I will be forced to move to RPI+3.9%. Of course I am allowed to quit "without penalty" but I have no right of appeal this forced price rise and unilateral change of the terms of my contract.

I was under the impression that some providers were moving away from RPI + 3.9% so I was wondering if there is a reason for this change by O2?

EDIT : corrected the number of years I had been a customer

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@DanielCoffey 

Many of us here use uswitch as the only difference is the price.

They are special deals that O2 pay uswitch etc to sell and they discount based on the commission they receive.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23225 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@DanielCoffey See this: O2 RPI | Price increases 2024 | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 23

DanielCoffey
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but I don't think that provides any new information for me. It just outlines the way the RPI+3.9% is administered.

Message 3 of 23

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@DanielCoffey 

It's designed to either force customers off legacy tariffs or obtain more money from those who choose to stay.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 23

DanielCoffey
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Interesting... when I look at the main O2 site the best deal they show me is 24 months, 3Gb, Unlimited texts/minutes for £15 montly yet when I go to any of the Price Comparison websites they show an O2 "affiliate, online only" deal at 12 months, 6Gb, Unlimited texts/minutes for £6.99 with the small print "Customers must purchase this deal directly from the retailer's website".

I can click through to the O2 site, say I am an existing customer, be shown the main features of the deal and even ask for an eSIM and then drop it into the basket.

Why is this deal not shown on the main site? Are there likely to be different voice quality/codecs? Different charges for non-inclusive numbers? How can I check the terms and conditions of this deal before purchase?

Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@DanielCoffey 

Many of us here use uswitch as the only difference is the price.

They are special deals that O2 pay uswitch etc to sell and they discount based on the commission they receive.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 23

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36556 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

On the site you get the deal offer from, @DanielCoffey 

1000018610.png

Good luck!

Message 7 of 23

DanielCoffey
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you folks - I am pleased to hear that there will be no technical difference in the package.

To the Manager who thought it would be a good idea to upset your long-term, low data RPI-only customers... best scenario is that we take the very cheapest Offer we can find and you get less money. Worst case, we leave. Well done, sir. well done.

Message 8 of 23

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@DanielCoffey 

Just be aware there are no plus plans available from the commission sites so you would lose free worldwide travel if that's important to you?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 23

DanielCoffey
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nope - I don't travel outside the UK because I am an unpaid carer. In fact my UK passport is currently expired and has a truly dreadful family photo of me as a teenager!

In addition I don't even use 5G as my phone is too old to receive it and I am in a rural area so there are no 5G masts anyway.

Message 10 of 23