Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data while staying in Morocco?

Jonathan136
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Roaming-on-O2-All-you-need-to-know/m-p/1537350#M37878 leads me to this page https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/using-your-phone-abroad with a paragraph that says:

"If you don’t have O2 Travel Inclusive Zone included, you can add the O2 Travel Bolt On and get unlimited minutes, texts and data roaming in 63 destinations worldwide for £6/day. See here for a full list of O2 Travel destinations."

... and the link doesn't work, it leads back to the general page (doesn't contain any list of 63 destinations).

I also have no idea whether I have "O2 Travel Inclusive Zone" but I assume I don't have it.

Conclusion: I don't know whether I will have mobile data once in Morocco or not. Can anyone provide an actual answer please?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10256 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

@Jonathan136 

The links all work for me, and the below is the countries included 

madasaf1sh_0-1714242114443.png

Any others including Morocco are charged at standard rates

madasaf1sh_1-1714242188314.png

If you have o2 travel inclusive it will show in myo2 on the app or website, but it wouldnt help you in this case as Morocco isnt covered...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144781 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Jonathan136 

It's standard extortionate rates for Morocco unless you want to pay £65 gor 1gb of data!

Use a local sim or put phone into airplane mode, turn on wifi and use WhatsApp to call home to other WhatsApp users.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Jonathan136
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wow. Perhaps I can still use mobile data for sending text messages (as opposed to browsing the web or watching YouTube). How much is the standard/extortionate rate?

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144781 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Jonathan136 

£7.20 + vat per mb (yep, 1 single mb)!!!

Sending a text will cost you 50p but keep mobile data completely off as your phone will try and use data in the background.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Jonathan136
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's completely insane, how is that even possible? Well I have a Samsung A52s so I can't use WiFi with airplane mode on but I can independently turn mobile data off and WiFi on. I guess I'll write a text message while airplane is on, then turn it off so the message is sent, then turn airplane back on immediately afterwards? 

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144781 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Jonathan136 wrote:

That's completely insane, how is that even possible? Well I have a Samsung A52s so I can't use WiFi with airplane mode 

You can. Every phone gives this functionality.

You don't need data to send an sms either so keep mobile data firmly off at all times.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6720 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

@Jonathan136 Make sure Voicemail is turned off BEFORE you go. Any calls diverted to Voicemail will be charged as an outgoing call from you

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 8