Did you mean: 

Mobile Data 5g from iPhone XR to 14

LCS13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, 

I've just upgraded from an iPhone XR to iPhone 14 - selected to click and collect as not currently staying at my billing address. They have sent the 5g sim card to my billing address... When I asked why they said it was just back up and not needed but on setting up the new phone I have no mobile data service. I presume this is because I need this new 5g sim card? Can anyone advise?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145466 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27933 Solutions

@LCS13 

You will need to new sim as they now switch off the old sim and activate the new ones immediately.

Can you get someone there to send it on to you?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

LCS13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply @MI5 . I just don't understand why I've not been given that information - twice! By two different staff members when I specifically asked. 

I was told the new sim won't be activated unless I decide to. Is this not the case? Can I go into a store to get another sim?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 145466 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27933 Solutions

@LCS13 

You should be able to but take photo ID with you such as drivers license and passport.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

It's the new way O2 have decided to mess peoples' lives up...deactivate the old sim as soon as a new one is ordered.

I'm not sure getting one from instore will work out for you

You don't have the old sim active to do a sim swap so customer service will have to migrate your original number to a new sim which will be a blank sim from the store

Customer service will still have to be contacted for further progress of your problem

Nice work O2!

Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12168 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Another instance of the old sim being disconnected by customer services, and then giving out confusing advice.

I think this needs to be raised urgently with o2 @Martin-O2 @RafaC @Breanna for two reasons - the issue of fraud (getting the current sim disconnected before the new one arrives) and then the differing answers as to why and that this was NOT going to happen - and then it did!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6