Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to a mix of countries both inside and outside the O2 travel area

Asdic_Ping
Level 4: Observant
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi All, say you are travelling to a mix of countries that are both inside and outside the O2 Travel bolt on? In this case would the £120 cap apply to all your travel or would you be charged £4.99 per day for the USA for example and when travelling on to a country outside the O2 Travel bolt on be hit with the additional £120, then when I'm back in the USA start paying £4.99 per day again? Could prove costly if this is the case.

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
The cap is per billing period so one cap per month. If you go over into another month the cap will reset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
The cap is per billing period so one cap per month. If you go over into another month the cap will reset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The cap and the Travel bolt on would be billed seperately as far as I know. Maybe @Toby or @Martin-O2 can check on that?

Message 3 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie Do you mean would they come on 2 separate bills or will they show separately on the same bill? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I think they would show seperately on the same bill. However, as @MI5 pointed out, if the time overseas was spread over two partial billing periods then the cap would appear on each bill...

Message 5 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I believe they would show separately on the same bill unless the trip was across 2 months but I'll double check with the rest of the team to confirm this. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 9

Asdic_Ping
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi All, thanks for the replies.

So from what I've read so far, when in the USA I will be billed £4.99 per day and when I cross into a country not covered by O2 Travel I will be charged £120 per billing period? If this is the case it would have been cheaper for me if the USA wasn't recently included in the O2 Travel bolt on because then I would have only been hit with the £120 cap. Luckily all my travel will be within the one billing period. Just to clarify though, is there a cap on the amount you pay in an O2 Travel country, for example whilst in the USA £4.99 per day up to a maximum of £50 per billing period?

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
There is no cap on o2 travel
It's just a straight 4.99 a day. You will be capped at 120 for any spend outside of USA.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Asdic_Ping
Level 4: Observant
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks MI5 for the clarification.

Message 9 of 9