cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am getting increasingly frustrated with this.

New back account (now over 3 old weeks as I type this) - attempted to manually change direct debit for my o2 payments page.

Get error "incorrect sort code or account number"

Tried a few days later, same result.

Called o2 a week ago, support tried manually - same result, said to wait a few days and try again.

Tried myself again on Tuesday, same errors.

Called O2 again, manually put it through and said you will get confirmation in 48 hours.

It is now Saturday, 4 days later. No confirmation.

Logged in once again to MyO2 today, option for "view payments" has now disappeared so I now cannot attempt to amend the old direct debit details.

Called O2, tried to again manually amend but yet again same error regarding account number and sort code.

My new back account is fine, I have already got another direct debit setup on it.

Called my bank, they say there are no errors on the account, no restrictions or blocks.

- What is going on?

- How can i solve this?

- Why are your details out of date?

(it proves this is the case as I have setup another direct debit with another company)

I have wasted at least 5 hours on it that I wont get back from my life.

Really not happy and feel rather unsupported by this.

Probably going to get cut off or restricted now because no payment is setup currently from what I can see on MyO2 account....Not paying by card, purpose of this was to setup direct debit.

Also, would have preferred email but it did not list any under the contact us webpages I was directed to. Phone numbers only, which to date has not been any help to me.

Message 1 of 33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 do not have an email customer support address so only those listed are methods of contact.

What is the bank your are trying to set up the direct debit from ?

As long as a uk bank it should be fine.

But if all else fail lodge a formal complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 do not have an email customer support address so only those listed are methods of contact.

What is the bank your are trying to set up the direct debit from ?

As long as a uk bank it should be fine.

But if all else fail lodge a formal complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145046 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
O2 have had payment issues for months now. Not usually with DD's but could still be connected.
However, until you do get this sorted out I would strongly urge you to call and try to pay manually to avoid and issues later on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Other ways to pay in this guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/td-p/874982

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

The bank is Santander, my original bank was HSBC.

I should not have have to manual pay and yes I know there are other methods but you are missing my point.

I have already made 4 seperate calls to O2 to get this resolved, and yet its still unresolved. 

Time of my life now, I wont get back.

I cannot "Change my payment details" anymore since the call on Tuesday, it just takes me to airtime billing iand does not list the "view payment details" option that it previously did.

Actually just noticed this:

"You currently pay by cheque."

Seriously, what the hell?

I did not change this...Pretty sure the call centre did

Opening a complaint...

Message 5 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous We are not really missing the point. All we were saying was there have been problems with the payment system for lots of customers since O2 changed it. We realise yours is a different issue however. Our head of community @Toby has sorted out many of the ongoing problems with payments. I have tagged him into this thread and he may be able to look into this for you. By all means make a complaint as suggested. Toby will be back on Monday and may ask you to PM him...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cleoriff,
Complaint has been opened. Will update with case ref if made available.

I am just unhappy that its suggested I manually pay for something when the automated method I have used for years was simply cleared or deleted by tech support.

If the mistake was mine - fair enough I would do, but it was not.

Message 7 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cleoriff,
Complaint has been opened. Will update with case if made available.

I am just unhappy that its suggested I manually pay for something when the automated method I have used for years was simply cleared or deleted by tech support.

If the mistake was mine - fair enough I would do, but it was not.

I understand totally. Obviously the suggestion for you to pay via another route was to save you going into debt through no fault of your own. Good on starting the complaint process but pop back here on Monday to see if @Toby is able to help in any way wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 33

MI5
  • 145046 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

I suggested it for your own good.
Your choice to take the advice or not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 33

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

O2 will automatically put a marker on your credit file whether it's your fault or not. Advice given here is in good faith. Any default on your credit file will show for 6 years and could have an awful effect on getting credit or a mortgage. Easy to put a default on there but terribly difficult to get it removed no matter how righteous or indignant you feel. Take the advice offered or not, ultimately it's your choice.

Message 10 of 33