Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel a contract

Phil17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been a customer since 2005. Anyway I ordered a phone and iPad and changed my mind. Was transferred 8 times on phone but refused to cancel as I already signed contract. Delivery is Wednesday why can’t o2 put a stop to this and refund me the £50 charge for the iPad and iPhone and cancel this direct debit? Says 14 day to change mind. Which such awful customer service I may switch away from o2.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145541 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27956 Solutions

@Phil17 

You need to take delivery and then return it.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 11

Phil17
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Order is still processing and it’s going to cost transport costs to go back to a shop. I opened a case with resolver as I feel a full refund should be given rather than sending the order out when it’s not been with a courier. 

Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123680 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7486 Solutions

@Phil17 

If you haven't even received the order you have every right to cancel. I understood the 14 days started from the day you received the item. It's probably not in stock yet.

Contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 145541 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27956 Solutions

@Phil17 

O2's systems do not allow an order to be cancelled until it has been fulfilled.

They never have done, so this isn't going to change now.

You need to follow the process which is part of the T&C's you agreed to when placing your order in the first place.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 11

Phil17
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So what about contacting the courier to refuse delivery of this item? I seen nothing about this when I ordered most places can cancel before it arrives. I’m afraid I will simply be looking at switching networks now. 

Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123680 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7486 Solutions

@Phil17 

Some people have been known to refuse delivery, then the parcel, on occasion, seems to vanish.

Personally, if I was paying that amount of money, I would want to take responsibility for it's return.

Not leave it with a courier. (Thats my personal opinion (if you can't cancel via the sales team)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10351 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3038 Solutions

@Phil17 

Refusing delivery will slow down the process, and it will then be sat in the couriers warehouse until they send it back, which could take it beyond the 14days, and no guarantee it will actually go back... 

Follow @Cleoriff advice, sign for it and ring up and cancel and send it back the same day and then it will be back and with o2 in a couple of days

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 11

Phil17
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I got through to customer services after 30 mins on hold it was cancelled. Still waiting for confirmation though. 

Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123680 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7486 Solutions

@Phil17 wrote:

Thanks I got through to customer services after 30 mins on hold it was cancelled. Still waiting for confirmation though. 

Pleased to hear it @Phil17. Fingers Crossed. xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11