Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 Roll out started

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147151 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28296 Solutions
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 596
595 REPLIES 595

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me know how you get on with this, looking to upgrade my old NFC model S2 to Jelly Bean and its locked to O2.......cant seem to get an answer as to what rom exactly, and wether it needs unlocking first

Looking at this as the one to install, anyone know it it's the right version?

GT-I9100United Kingdom (O2)2013 March4.1.2I9100XWLSD

I9100O2ULS7

Message 471 of 596

MI5
  • 147151 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28296 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Let me know how you get on with this, looking to upgrade my old NFC model S2 to Jelly Bean and its locked to O2.......cant seem to get an answer as to what rom exactly, and wether it needs unlocking first

Looking at this as the one to install, anyone know it it's the right version?

GT-I9100United Kingdom (O2)2013 March4.1.2I9100XWLSD

I9100O2ULS7

Unlocking is always advisable when changing ROM's. As you are effectively changing your phone from an I9100P to an I9100 I would recommend you get it unlocked first, however, in theory, you are staying O2 to O2 so it shouldn't matter. As I've never done this change it's not for me to say it'll be OK so get it unlocked first to be on the safe side.

That ROM is OK to use.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 472 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
only OK to use, is there a better one that you can suggest?
Message 473 of 596

MI5
  • 147151 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28296 Solutions
I'd use one of the open (unbranded ROM's) as you will not be tied to O2 updates in the future - you will get them directly from Samsung, or there are many custom ROM's you can try on XDA. However, you definitely need to be unlocked for any of these.
Message 474 of 596

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys, below is some info regarding the Jelly Bean update for both S2 models:

Samsung - Galaxy SII NFC (I9100P) - We're closely working with Samsung around the Jelly Bean update to ensure the software delivers the best user experience. Keep an eye out for updates.

Samsung - Galaxy SII (I9100) - O2 customers can get the Jelly Bean update for Galaxy SII. To update via OTA, go to Apps> Settings > About Device > Software Update > Update. Or you can get it via Kies. The update is rolled out in batches directly by Samsung.

Cheers, Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 475 of 596

MI5
  • 147151 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28296 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Samsung - Galaxy SII NFC (I9100P) - We're closely working with Samsung around the Jelly Bean update to ensure the software delivers the best user experience. Keep an eye out for updates.

Toby, How can there be such a delay for the P version when O2 have this functionality already on the S3 running JB firmware? Unfortunately, that is the standard O2 response to any software update which tells the user absolutely nothing Smiley Mad

Message 476 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone that doesnt wanna wait like me, I flashed my O2 locked NFC model Galaxy 2 with the stock (Non NFC model) O2 Jelly bean via Odin and everything went peachy....just gotta get the phone set up with the way I like it now though, lol
Will flash it again if/when the NFC version appears, lol

Message 477 of 596

MI5
  • 147151 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28296 Solutions
Good to hear the conversion went OK Jamf... I couldn't see any reason why it wouldn't but was just not 100% with a locked phone slight_smile
Message 478 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems fine so far, although battery doesnt seem to last as long, that said I have been fiddling extensively, and google maps seems to drain it a bit now for some reason...but shall see how it goes slight_smile

Message 479 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too mate (running it on the NFC model)!

To save everyone else the pain I had with crashes and battery drain - It appears to be .... wait for it...... the O2 Priority Moments app - yeh really!

Message 480 of 596