Bdebz79
Level 3: Thinker
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Please can someone help me. 

I got a pac code from EE to leave them.

Bought an O2 PAYG sim.

Rang O2 customer services and they said yes we can move my old number across. Asked for details and pac code etc. We complete the porting form over the phone and O2 say it will go through in 24 hours. They try to up sell a pay monthly contract which is "just a bit more than my PAYG monthly payment for more data". I say no thank you. Just want pay as you go. They eventually agree after pushing this 4 times.

4 days later nothing has happened. Ring O2 again and they say the transfer of my number failed due to a technical error. Tell me to give details again and they will do it again. Again try to up sell to an amazing 12 contract for more money. Again I say no thank you repeatedly.

Again 3 days later nothing so I ring back again am told by EE that it was a technical error again and to do the form again. We do it again over the phone. 24 hours later my EE number stopped working. Great I thought. All sorted. How wrong I was. I put my O2 sim in and find it hasn't transferred. Gave it another 24 hours turning on and off and still my EE number hadn't transferred.

I ring O2 again. They said it again was a technical error and that they need to fill the form again! I have now been without my own number for 5 days by this point.

I am disabled, waiting on urgent waiting list for surgery. I cannot log into anything online that I need as it has two step verification with my original number that doesnt now work. 

I ring EE and they say that it ported over on 23/6 and is now definitely with O2. They put this in writing. 

Ring back O2 and again they say to complete a form. I eventually lose the plot, explaining that I am disabled with no access to my online medical sites without my number and waiting for hospital to ring for urgent surgery. They transfer me finally to someone else. I speak to someone who says they will help and can I wait on hold while they sort it. I sit on hold for over 2 hours and eventually presume they must have forgotten about me. My son re rings O2 from his phone. Someone tells me something must have gone wrong and to end my on hold call and they will sort it. Again I get transferred. Finally someone tells me that my number is with O2 but the PAC is locked and they will sort getting it unlocked so I can have my number hopefully tonight. Very apologetic but say they will sort it. I am exhausted, worried but now relieved.

They say that do have to put me on hold but they won't make me wait long and will come back shortly. I am on hold 10 mins and then an automated voice says "you have been kicked from this conference call" before the line goes dead. At my wits end. 

So I ring back again. The customer service person says they will not put me through to anyone and that if I want my number I have to agree to pay monthly for a year. I explain I do not want pay monthly and that I have a PAYG sim which I have topped up. They say that EE is at fault and the only way O2 will now transfer number is to buy into an O2 monthly contract for a year. I burst into tears and end up having to end the call. 

I just don't know what to do. I cannot access my online secure sites that need the code they send to my mobile, I cannot recieve calls as my number doesn't work. Cannot receive calls from hospital, docs, home support. Cannot access online banking without my code.

Please can someone help me. Please.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

pawelle
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Amazing. Thank you very much for picking it up. You are my last hope!

Message 31 of 39

Ryma32
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 your service is utterly shameful. I can't believe what @Bdebz79 and @pawelle have had to go through, it just isn't good enough. I'm in exactly the same situation tranferring from a monthly EE contract to O2 PAYG. My EE number isn't working (emergency calls only) and I'm stuck in limbo waiting for 1 week for O2 to fully transfer my old number. @O2Emma please could you help??? Would be grateful if this could be sorted ASAP.

Message 32 of 39

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Ryma32 I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 33 of 39

Eden1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, 

I am having the same issues. Could anyone help. I’ve been five days without my number.  It’s having a really negative impact on my life - particularly for work, where I need the number to receive calls and for two factor authentication. I have now completed the request process four times, and each time I’m told it will be 24 hours, but nothing happens. Im told I will receive a call back, but nothing happens. Customer services just put me through to the same ‘360’ dept who just keep saying ‘don’t worry, it will be 24hours’. It’s very stressful. I am now also receiving odd calls to the temporary number. Any help would be most appreciated. 

Message 34 of 39

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36287 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

You are replying to a thread back in a time when the Forum had O2 Advisors who could help - a disbanded service as of last July.

Now you have 3 options; an O2 Shop, which needs you to have photo id; a call to 202 (8am is a good time to call): or O2 Social Media Team at the link below, on Facebook, Twitter (X) or Instagram. Good luck, @Eden1.

Message 35 of 39

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10782 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hi there @Eden1 

Welcome to the O2 Community Forum.

As @pgn has informed you below you have 3 options.

As the calling option has been unhelpful, time to try an O2 Shop if you

have one near you, take ID - I hope they can get things completed for you.

Best wishes

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 36 of 39

Ismaeel97
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Message 37 of 39

Ismaeel97
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone please help me. I am in thr exam same situation transferring my number from EE to o2

it was meant to be done over a week ago and my EE sim stopped working however my number has not transferred to my o2 sim 

i have been told please wait 24hrs for over a week now and it is extremely fustrating. I cannot recieve any calls and i have had my number for over 10 years

can someone please help me port it over

Message 38 of 39

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6114 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Ismaeel97 

Re-opening an old thread that hasn't been live for months is not the best way to get advice on this forum. Such posts are easily overlooked. 

This is a customer to customer forum and this issue requires Customer Services to access your account. You can message then on :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

Twitter https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

Alternatively, other contact methods such as Skype are detailed in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 39 of 39