Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get through to O2 Customer Services

mdf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have called O 2 twice in the last 2 days to try and discuss charges on my current bill. Each time I have been on hold for over 1 hour.

I have tried calling the local O2 shop. However, no one answers, and it rings off after 2 minutes or so. How do you get through to them? Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@mdf 

This looks like something you’ll be able to do or check in the My O2 app. We have a guide to help with that if you’re unsure how to use it Guide: How-to guide for My O2 And don’t worry if you get stuck because there’s an in-app messaging service you can use to chat with O2 who can help. Just go to the ‘Support’ tab and ‘Start a Conversation’ at the bottom.

If you still need help then the Social Media teams will be on hand, just send them a message on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

mdf
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried the chat bot earlier and it did not enable me to get in contact with anyone. It also did not answer the questions I asked. However, it did ask me to submit survey responses to it's questions. Rather back to front.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@mdf 

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

mdf
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your help. However, I have just spent 1 hour and 34 minutes listening to the O2 music, without being connected to a Customer Services/Payments Management representative. Are you able to get an answer on any number?

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

You need to keep trying @mdf 

Early morning at 8.00am is a good time to call.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello MDF, 

I am having a very similar experience - many hours - and have also failed to get any help from the chatbot. I usually find chatbots quite useful. 

There is an irony in a major communications company being impossible to communicate with. 

I hope you resolved the problem in the end. 

Message 7 of 11

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@561 

If that post is aimed at @mdf, you need to tag him thus. 👍 

Message 8 of 11

TheFellaLondon
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning. I found this thread and wanted to respond, even though I can't be of any help, unfortunately. I too have been having ongoing problems trying to speak to someone regarding an error with my bill. I have tried the various social media options mentioned, but they haven't been any use, and keep referring me back to the My O2 App. The online live chat seems to have been removed, only leaving the useless Chat Bot option. The problem with using the app is having to type often lengthy and detailed explanations as to what the problem is on a phone keypad, something that takes me ages to do. I have also found out the chat on the app is not one to one - the 'agent' will respond to your question, but will then go off and deal with other customers, so you have to keep checking the app and waiting for a response, which will often just be a generic pre generated answer. Again, often useless. I was also directed to the 'dedicated billing and payment management team', which is basically just the main number again, no different from calling 202 or the 0344 number. And then, of course, one gets the usual response of 'we are extremely busy at the moment', and on hold you go. I have tried three times now to get to speak to someone, and each time I have been on hold for over an hour, and have had to give up. This service is appalling. The only way I have found to actually speak to someone is to message that you are thinking of leaving O2. Funnily enough if you say you are looking to upgrade or change your contract you are then offered online chat with a 'real' person, but as soon as you let them know it is something else you want to discuss, you are referred back to the app or the 0800 payment management team. I hope someone from O2 reads this, as I am going to refer my situation to the communications ombudsman, where one can raise a dispute.

Message 9 of 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@TheFellaLondon 

I don't think anyone here would argue that everything is OK with O2 and that contacting them can be a trial, then the answer you get has a chance of being incorrect.

We are all customers here and no one from O2 will read your post.

As to the ombudsman, then they will only deal with things once you have gone through the official complaints procedure and you have a deadlock letter.

OFCOM don't deal with individual complaints but the do note 

They have O2 at the bottom of the pile of poor performance but all the main networks are not good

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 11