cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 have lost my phone!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My LG G4 was having a problem with holding it's charge, as it was still in warranty only being owned for less than a year I took it into store. I was told they'd send it off the next day as it was a sunday, which was fine. The woman told me that it'd usually take about 5 days to repair, and that I would be notified when the repair centre had recieved the phone. I was not offered a replacement phone, and she didn't mention or ask if I'd need one at all.

After 4 days of waiting, and checking the tracker link I was given which seemed to be broken as it just wouldnt load at all each time, I decided to ring. I was told it had arrived at the repair centre, and that they should have contacted me to say this, after 48 hours it should be ready to be sent back and I should be contacted again.

This didnt happen. After over a week or no contact or word about my phone I rang again. This time to be told that my phone never arrived at the repair centre, and they dont know where it is. When I brang up the fact that I was told it had, and came up on the system as being at the repair centre last time I rang, I was told thats not true and not sure why I was told that. The person was then going to look into it and ring the mail courier to see where the phone was as it seems its not just my phone thats gone missing.

I got a call back about 10 minutes later saying that the phone HAD arrived at the repair centre, and been signed for. But the issue now being that the repair centre is claiming they didnt recieve it. So inbetween being signed for and arriving at the repair centre, its gone missing. At this point im seriously annoyed as I need this phone for work. I was told the guy would look into this, and ring me back the next morning once he's chased up the repair centre and tried to get to the bottom of this. I've now kept a note of the times of my calls, and who I spoke to. But I fear I'm not actually going to get my phone back now at this point, and 02 have lost it completly. 

What do I do?!

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
How long have you been without your phone in total now?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 48

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

You might want to confirm with them whether you'll be getting a brand new handset or a refurbished model @Anonymous. Not that there's anything wrong with a refurbished model, out of the packaging they would be in indistinguishable to a brand new one. Given the circumstances, I think you deserve to know exactly what you're getting in return for all this hassle, so you can make your own mind up whether or not its satisfactory for you.

Message 12 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Something that may be totally unrelated, theres been activity happening from my fb, since my phones gone missing that isnt from me. Such as being changed into different languages. I reset my password, and logged it out of all devices. Yet its still happening. As recent as yesterday showing that it's logged in on a mobile browser in London (I live up North). The phone was facotry resetted before I handed it in, will this of cleared all the cache within the apps tho?

Message 13 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Something that may be totally unrelated, theres been activity happening from my fb, since my phones gone missing that isnt from me. Such as being changed into different languages. I reset my password, and logged it out of all devices. Yet its still happening. As recent as yesterday showing that it's logged in on a mobile browser in London (I live up North). The phone was facotry resetted before I handed it in, will this of cleared all the cache within the apps though?

Message 14 of 48

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
If you reset the phone it would have wiped everything so unlikely to be related in all honesty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thanks slight_smile I thought it wouldnt of been related but slightly panicked incase it was! I handed my phone into the store on the 15th may, so coming up to 2 weeks now without the phone @MI5

Message 16 of 48

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
When you put your complaint in ask for compensation for being without your phone for 2 weeks too.....

Currently using:
Message 17 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently still on hold on the phone waiting to speak to a superviser, after ringing the customer service number on the website stated for complaints and being told you can't complain over the phone. I'm now told the only way I can put a complaint in is through an email, and cant talk to any one over the phone about it? Surely that can't be right?

Message 18 of 48

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
The normal process is to talk to cs about your problem and if they can't / won't help, then raise a written complaint.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to the superviser, apparently the person beforehand had got it wrong, and for high end complaints to email. Theyve spoken to the superviser in the store, to which I'm told a new phone will be given to me in 3 working days. A note is being placed on my account that if I don't have any news by wednesday they will escalate it further. It all seems like theyre not taking it very seriously and I'm just being passed from person to person. I was told 7 phones have gone missing from that store now, so there are internal problems being escalated currently. The email address for complaints has been handed to me as I feel that the way the store has handled this is still apalling. 

Message 20 of 48