Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

Phi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do you put a block on your phone like a cap so you don’t go over your monthly tariff
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Hi @Phi.

I am afraid there is no block/cap you can put on your phone to stop you from going over your monthly tariff. I understand Tesco, who use the O2 network, do offer this facility but not O2.

The only suggestion I can make is to keep a regular check in My O2 on your phone/text usage if you're not on unlimited calls and texts. Your data will automatically stop when your limit is reached.

The only other alternative is either to increase your monthly tariff or switch to a PAYG account.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Hi @Phi.

I am afraid there is no block/cap you can put on your phone to stop you from going over your monthly tariff. I understand Tesco, who use the O2 network, do offer this facility but not O2.

The only suggestion I can make is to keep a regular check in My O2 on your phone/text usage if you're not on unlimited calls and texts. Your data will automatically stop when your limit is reached.

The only other alternative is either to increase your monthly tariff or switch to a PAYG account.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27724 Solutions
Download the MyO2 app for your phone and keep a check on usage in there.
That’s the same as everyone has to do on o2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3