cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you pay off your device when you have cancelled your contract?

Gone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My O2 account has been cancelled and I know I need to pay off the rest of my device. I have left my direct debit open as that is the only instruction I was given by O2 after I received the PAC code. No money has been taken from my account but I have now received a threatening letter from O2 about the balance on the device.

I called them today...I couldn't pass security because the Otac code they sent me was 'wrong'. I was then advised to sign into my O2 - the account has been wiped, I can log in (after resetting my password) but there is no billing history or anything there. I was also told to call back another time...why? What difference is that going to make? I spent 25 mins on the phone getting to this point.

To move things forward (and avoid a visit from the baliffs) HOW DO I PAY FOR THIS PHONE??

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Gone 

You should be billed automatically but these days, nothing is a surprise.

You will have to keep trying O2.

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 who’ll find a solution that’s right for you.
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Gone 

You should be billed automatically but these days, nothing is a surprise.

You will have to keep trying O2.

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 who’ll find a solution that’s right for you.
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Gone
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

Many thanks, I tried your suggestion and was put through to 2 more people. The second person admitted they were having issues yesterday and that could be why I was sent round the houses, so I should call back another time.

Called this morning, passed around again but this time someone promised me they would take a payment...put me on hold to sort something or other out first...and dropped my call a few minutes later. I haven't had time to call them back since today. (ie haven't had enough time to risk being on hold etc again)

Thanks for trying to help out!

Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23144 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Gone If I were you I'd take the time and pursue this with Payment Management and get this sorted out. If there has been an issue with O2's system and your final payment hasn't been taken, it could affect you down the road with your credit rating and cause untold headaches for you. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

Perseverance is the key @Gone 

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Gone
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I fully intend to pay and always have - I just don't understand how their system can make that so difficult. It's also unfathomable that the responsibility remains with me when they clearly have incompetant processes. I am not the first person who is trying to do this surely so why is it seemingly set up to thwart me?!

Message 6 of 11

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5904 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Gone 

Do you actually know how much you owe ? 

Or do you need O2 to provide you with a settlement figure ? 

Message 7 of 11

Gone
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a figure on the enforcement letter but O2 had a different figure on my account (£5 in my favour). I managed this evening to get passed through another chain of 3 people but the last chap did take the payment successfully without any issue. Glad to have signed that off, can't believe how disjointed the whole public interface is. 

Message 8 of 11

Gone
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All sorted this evening, thank you everyone for your help and support.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

Good news @Gone 

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11