cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 signal strength

Anonymous
Not applicable

The coverage report for signal strength for phone and text says it is good for reception indoor and out. No sp, and never has been. Don't believe it, test it. Where we are in CM15 it is virtually useless - and thats having tried several phone. Complete Blackspot are around Doddinghurst. The formal coverage report is plain misleading..... Why!?!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

A bit pointless  taking out a contract  without network coverage? 

With black spots over the Uk for all Networks theirs always going to be situations of non or slow connection. 

Hopefully o2's Network Future plans will improve that. 

At least with for example a 30 day sim only a person can take advantage of Tugo, Call Divert and Free Voicemail. And as its a 30 day term one is not locked in and on top have a larger allowance. 

I I submit this also depends on current payg top up spend per month and that 12 month sim only typically gives larger allowances than 30 day options and cost can be less on 12 month sim only. 

Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
As a PAYG customer you have the freedom to move networks. If another provider gives you a signal, just switch.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Exactly my thoughts too , I can't see any logical benefit to starting a contract if he can't get a signal on O2 . 

Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Certainly not in their primary location.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had great coverage at my home address and the immediate local area until a few months ago.

Got a text from O2 to say that land where their mast was located had been sold and the mast was being taken down and relocated.

Had very poor signal coverage for a few months. The mast is now back up and showing 'good' coverage both indoors and out for my area however it is anything but.

The original text advised that I used the TuGo app which I was happy to do for a week or so but as it uses WiFi I am paying for an O2 service, which I don't get and also a WiFi service which I pay someone else for.

I've lost count on the number of calls I've missed due the almost non-existant signal coverage.

Not happy and am looking to move providers after being with O2 for over 10 years.

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just think yourself lucky your not tied into a contract!

Do some research into what networks are strongest in your location, ask O2 for a PAC code so you can keep your number and then move to the new network.

Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The original text advised that I used the TuGo app which I was happy to do for a week or so but as it uses WiFi I am paying for an O2 service, which I don't get and also a WiFi service which I pay someone else for.

But you are still using the allowances that o2 provide you.

Tugo still uses your contract mins and texts.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 17