cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: unlatching iPhone request rejected

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have tried to unlock my iPhone 5c as I have had a new phone via upgrade but forgot my security password.
I have now changed my security question and password but have now received an email saying
' ** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE **

Hi,

This iPhone unlatching request has been rejected as there are multiple
unlock requests received.

Thank you,

O2'

I have sent another form off now but not heard anything yet. If it is rejected again what do I do?

Thankyou for any help
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144621 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Call CS on 202 as they can over ride the security lock out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144621 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Call CS on 202 as they can over ride the security lock out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much 😊
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144621 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
No worries mate

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly the same this has happened to me. At the bottom of the email it said do not reply to this email but use another 02 address it gave there. I did that and got a reply that email support has ended???? If so why say to use it.

Next I try the online chat. Hang on and hang on - no reply - too busy. So I hung up to try again this morning. Live chat not online - try the forum.... By now my patience is running rather slim BUT I find this thread and the advice is now call customer srvices.

What will it be next - send a carrier pigeon?

Why is it necessary to make this so complex. Having had this iphone on O2 contract for 5 years, the unlocking should have been automatic

Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

We are all customers here (like yourself) so we can only advise you of the correct action to take...which is to contact customer services  http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If you ring just after 8am when they open you generally don't have to wait long at all

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144621 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
We all agree that it makes no sense to lock contract phones and it's not something O2 used to do, but do now unfortunately.
Maybe this will change shortly as the new owner doesn't lock their contract phones anymore so they may carry the policy across to O2 also.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13