Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch ultra data roaming does not work

MooseD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have an Apple Watch ultra , cellular works fine on the watch in UK , however I’m now in Germany , my iPhone and data roaming works fine , but data roaming on watch doesn’t work , I have unpaired & repaired my watch , reset networks settings too and advised , but no difference .. still doesn’t work , can anyone help?

thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Number_3
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks @pgn  looks like running with my phone again ! Boo 😞 

Message 11 of 14

WhizzKid
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good to know I don’t have the problem. 
Sad to know that I can’t just take my watch on European water sports, which was partly why I bought myself the Ultra. 😖

Message 12 of 14

robin234
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I feel the same way about my minimalist day walks in Switzerland. Garmin offline topo maps and blue charts is what I used on the first version of the Garmin Epix. And now I left it at home in UK because I thought I could get away with Apple Watch since that hyped up roaming update arrived…. Personally if I got an Ultra, I would try my luck to submit a complaint at the Apple Store and maybe they may take it back! O2 is the official Apple Watch partner so if they can’t enable a practical travel friendly watch to be practical for travel, you have certainly been wronged! It’s back to Garmin for me.

Message 13 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@robin234 

Its Apple that are at fault, as seemingly the only networks that support roaming (Based on Feb 23) is limited to AT&T (and other US Carriers)..in the US and then only in Mexico 

Apple have never offered it to networks in the UK (Or anywhere else)...

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/117digr/apple_watch_cellular_roaming_not_that_easy/

You can buy a LTE Garmin 945 that works globally at a cost.. 

And have to agree Garmin is the way to go, 7 days battery Life is the best thing... and it just works

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 14