Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch ultra data roaming does not work

MooseD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have an Apple Watch ultra , cellular works fine on the watch in UK , however I’m now in Germany , my iPhone and data roaming works fine , but data roaming on watch doesn’t work , I have unpaired & repaired my watch , reset networks settings too and advised , but no difference .. still doesn’t work , can anyone help?

thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Number_3
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks @pgn  looks like running with my phone again ! Boo 😞 

Message 11 of 16

WhizzKid
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good to know I don’t have the problem. 
Sad to know that I can’t just take my watch on European water sports, which was partly why I bought myself the Ultra. 😖

Message 12 of 16

robin234
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I feel the same way about my minimalist day walks in Switzerland. Garmin offline topo maps and blue charts is what I used on the first version of the Garmin Epix. And now I left it at home in UK because I thought I could get away with Apple Watch since that hyped up roaming update arrived…. Personally if I got an Ultra, I would try my luck to submit a complaint at the Apple Store and maybe they may take it back! O2 is the official Apple Watch partner so if they can’t enable a practical travel friendly watch to be practical for travel, you have certainly been wronged! It’s back to Garmin for me.

Message 13 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10349 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3031 Solutions

@robin234 

Its Apple that are at fault, as seemingly the only networks that support roaming (Based on Feb 23) is limited to AT&T (and other US Carriers)..in the US and then only in Mexico 

Apple have never offered it to networks in the UK (Or anywhere else)...

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/117digr/apple_watch_cellular_roaming_not_that_easy/

You can buy a LTE Garmin 945 that works globally at a cost.. 

And have to agree Garmin is the way to go, 7 days battery Life is the best thing... and it just works

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 16

Renaissance
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Its Apple that are at fault, as seemingly the only networks that support roaming (Based on Feb 23) is limited to AT&T (and other US Carriers)..in the US and then only in Mexico 

Apple have never offered it to networks in the UK (Or anywhere else)...

No longer true as of 2024. Based on Apple's Watch carrier list[1], there are now networks in Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Germany (including O2 Germany!), India, Israel, Japan, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, and Hong Kong who offer international roaming on Apple Watch service plans. 

But it does look like still neither O2, nor any UK carrier offers it. Personally I bought an O2 international data package specifically to get Apple Watch data working (I have a local eSim for my iPhone), so I'm very disappointed to find out that it still doesn't work.

[1] https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

Message 15 of 16

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6839 Posts
  • 128 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

I am sure that O2 will begin to offer this @Renaissance as and when they judge there to be a demand for it, with sufficient customers or potential customers willing to pay for it. After all, they are a commercial company with an objective of making profits. 👍

Message 16 of 16