Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself on the O2 Community!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi all,

I'd like to welcome one and all to the O2 Community! Its a great place to get advice, post your feedback and talk about your ideas for the network. If you have a question that you need some advice on, head over to the devices section or the other products and services section. You can also get rewarded for helping others as well chat about anything you like in the off-topic section.

I'm Toby, the community coordinator of the forum. I also work with Marjo who is the head of community and Marina who is also a community coordinator like me. I've been working on the community since August 2012. It's been great so far and I look forward to hearing from many more of you slight_smile

If you have any questions about the forum, suggestions or just want to have chat, please don't hesitate to give me a shout. 

Hope to speak soon!

Toby

- This is a brand new 'Introduce yourself' thread, but you can find the old one HERE

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 758
757 REPLIES 757

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@viridis wrote:
That's the one, Tobias.

Never heard of him....Whistle

Yeah, rumor has it he was named after one of the characters in mortal kombat 2 written backwards.

Message 381 of 758

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I joined the giffgaff community some time back. (I had a sim to use in a PAYG phone). I found it extremely top heavy with people answering the same question ..with the same answer.

The disturbing thing at that time were the amount of kudos given to members. All a bit OTT in my opinion...and disorganised. As I say that was then....it may have improved...I didn't stay around to find out....Confused

On giffgaff the term "payback parrots" has become synonymous with the practice of blatantly copying someone else's answer (sometimes hours later), and they do it because they think it's an easy way of earning a few quid. It's a problem that they hope will be significantly reduced once the new payback reform is introduced, as people will quickly learn that such a lazy approach won't be rewarded. 

And yes I do think that giffgaffers are more obsessed with giving and receiving kudos, often handing them out like confetti, for posts like "I luv giffgaff heart"  In contrast, the off-topic section on here, doesn't even have an option to award a kudos, and sometimes I find that frustrating, because they can be useful, particularly in those threads where you feel that you've nothing further to add to the discussion, but you still want to show your support or agreement (or just to acknowledge a helpful post).

Message 382 of 758

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you @perksie once I have found my way round my new toy and have more time I shall

hope the @ works in the same way for here as it does in gg as an alert for a mention.
Message 383 of 758

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
thank you @perksie once I have found my way round my new toy and have more time I shall

@Anonymous the @ works in the same way for here as it does in gg as an alert for a mention.

It does @Anonymous ☺

Message 384 of 758

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous_ the payback parrot term came from on of my friends who has a great sense of humour backed by a a lot of very useful knowledge I count him as one of the experts I go to for help myself.
Personally I don't go into the help section too much but tend to try and keep up with issues and changes on the other boards so I can be of more use on the Facebook page which is where I tend to lurk.
i do find the service section useful though they can be slower than I would like to respond to things though I guess in reality compared to other networks they are pretty good at least there is somewhere to check.
Message 385 of 758

Cleoriff
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous the @ works in the same way for here as it does in gg as an alert for a mention.

@Not sure how the @ works on Giffgaff @Anonymous but for me, using my laptop it comes in via email....

I don't know how it works for those just using mobiles?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 386 of 758

Cleoriff
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous  The kudos system on Off Topic was removed some time ago after much discussion and debate. There were concerns that it could be 'abused'. They also looked at what went into Off Topic as opposed to Discussions and Feedback....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 387 of 758

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous  The kudos system on Off Topic was removed some time ago after much discussion and debate. There were concerns that it could be 'abused'. They also looked at what went into Off Topic as opposed to Discussions and Feedback....

In that case, I'll save the "I luv O2 heart" threads for another day  wink

Message 388 of 758

Cleoriff
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

In that case, I'll save the "I luv O2 heart" threads for another day  wink

LOL Or .....pop them into Off Topic.....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 389 of 758

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 390 of 758