Did you mean: 

Goodbye for now and and introduction to your new Community Manager

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Today is my final day working on the O2 community. I've been part of this community for nearly 8 years and have seen it go from strength to strength! I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I've had many wonderful discussions, disagreements and most of all laughs when speaking to this fantastic group of members.  

I'm genuinely going to miss you guys and coming in to work on such an interesting community. Best wishes to you all and I'm sure we'll cross paths again at some point in the future. 

A big thanks to all previous Community Managers, especially @Breanna who has done a fantastic job during her time here! 

As my final act as Head of Community it's a great pleasure to introduce you to your new community manager, @Dave-O2! He's going to be taking the reins with the support of @Chris_K@ColinO2 and the moderation team

Hey everyone 🙂

My name is Dave and I’m the new Community Manager, who will be taking over from the incredible Martin and Breanna from 1 September. My promise to you all is to ensure that this Community will remain the place to be for discussion, chat, fun and so much more!  🎉

To introduce myself a bit more, I have over 15 years of experience working for O2, my latest role was as part of the Social Media team with vast knowledge of several different topics including Volt, where I was involved in creating the Mega Guide for this very Community.

My biggest passion outside of the workplace is football  , I have a season ticket for my favourite team, so you’ll find me on the weekends at the Etihad Stadium 🏟. Not a bad 2022/23 season 🏆🏆🏆 In the evenings, I love to settle down and get stuck into a movie or a series, I’m currently watching Invasion on Apple TV (available as an O2 Extra 😏) , which I recommend if you’re a fan of the Sci-Fi genre.

My top 5 films of all time in no particular order are Goodfellas, Inception, Gladiator, Braveheart & The Dark Night. 🎥 What are yours ? I also try to stay fit and aim to run 5km, at least 4 times a week, I completed this in 27 minutes yesterday and try and squeeze this in on my lunch break 

Going forward I’m really excited to get to know everyone and I’m sure we can all help and learn from each other, build solid relationships, and harness that Community spirit. ❤️

My PMs are open, so feel free to drop me a message, about anything 💌

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

So long @Martin-O2 and @Breanna 

It was good to know you both and wish you luck in the future.

Hi to @Dave-O2 and the new team 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 41

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Martin-O2 and @Breanna, I know we've already said our goodbyes in person over a tasty meal, and again this week via some video calls, but just one final time - thank you for everything both of you, and our previous SoG Community Managers have done for the O2 Community.

As you've said, it truly has gone from strength to strength under your expertise and it's sad to be saying goodbye to you both. I wish you both the very best of luck and hope you have a continued bright future at Standing on Giants.

You've got me on WhatsApp, email and LinkedIn so never hesitate to reach out if you need or want to. I hope our paths cross again and I'll be sure to let you know if I'm ever in your neck of the woods for a catch-up over a coffee or beer.

To our regulars - you'll already have seen (hopefully) my post on the incoming changes but I want to again reassure you me and @Dave-O2 will not be throwing away what Martin and Breanna, and our previous Managers have built with you all. Our immediate focus from tomorrow is to get settled into the basic moderation duties, housekeeping and accepted solutions - and once we're comfortable with that, we'll look to see how we can continue the engagement and content side of things.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 41

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6606 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@Martin-O2 All the best for your future. 8 years is quite some time in one job these days. Hope whatever you do you find fulfilling.

@Dave-O2 Welcome. Look forward to working with you

Sorry about your team this year, especially the defeats against Liverpool, but at least it's not the other lot

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 41

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Thank you and goodbye to @Breanna  and to @Martin-O2 and needless to say you are going to be missed by everyone

Welcome too, to @Dave-O2 and along with @Chris_K and @ColinO2 , a bit apprehensive what all this will mean to the community. But change is always inevitable and for better or worse, it will no doubt be interesting!

It will be the first time for years that there will be no input from the ladies at SOG or O2 so it's testosterone now all the way. Just remember guys that we have a core of lady members on here too.

Message 5 of 41

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Sorry about your team this year, especially the defeats against Liverpool, but at least it's not the other lot

Oi!! Enough already....

Message 6 of 41

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4417 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2  @Breanna

I feel I know you guys well and want to wish you every success whatever path you follow.  👋  I'm sure you'll both be missed on here, but a very warm welcome goes to @Dave-O2 who I'm sure will fit in well. 👍

Message 7 of 41

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Wishing @Dave-O2 all the best with this new project. He'll knock it out of the park, I'm sure.

Will miss our chats with @Chris_K for sure. It's been a great last year working on this community and with @Martin-O2 (who after 8 years surely holds the ancient book of knowledge). 

See you guys around and thanks for being patient with my oxford commas. Couldn't have asked for a more welcoming bunch for someone who's not from around these parts. 

Sayonara. 再见. See you later ❤

hello-bye.gif

Message 8 of 41

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

A big goodbye from me too ❤️ Love you all! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 41

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions