Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD Voice is rolling out on O2!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

You're about to notice an evolutionary step in the quality of voice calls on O2. Starting this week we'll be rolling out HD Voice across our network – our network will work fine alongside this rollout and there will be no loss of service due to it. HD Voice is just one of the ways we’re making O2 a ‘smarter network’ for our customers.

What's HD Voice?
HD (High Definition) Voice gives you crystal clear voice calls. It also filters out background noise, so if you're stood in a busy street or at the train station, the person you're calling will be able to hear you loud and clear. And the best part is you won't be charged any differently for an HD Voice call.

What are the HD Voice requirements?

• A compatible phone (see section below)
  • The latest software available for your phone
  • Both you and the person you're speaking to need to be on O2 and in a 3G area

Note: If you notice any change in quality during an HD Voice call, this will be if one of you has lost your 3G signal.

Compatible phones
HD Voice is ready to use on the following phones on the latest software update- iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6 & 6 Plus

• Samsung Galaxy S3, S3 Mini, S4, S4 Mini, S5 & S6
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Note 4
  • Sony Xperia E1, E3, M2, SP, Z1, Z2 Compact, Z3, Z3 Compact
  • Lumia 520, 530, 625, 630, 635, 735, 1020
  • Nokia 909.1
  • HTC One, M8 & M9
  • BlackBerry 9320

Note: More and more handsets will become compatible in time with new software updates so keep your eyes peeled for any new updates headed your way that may enable this.

Activating HD Voice
As long as you meet the requirements above, you don’t need to do anything to activate HD Voice. There are no settings to configure – we’ll handle the rest on our end.

Experience it...
As we've been testing and rolling it out, some of you may already have experienced it. And if you haven't, hopefully you will soon once the rollout finishes. At the next X-Factor auditions maybe you can sing down the phone to the judges instead of going in person?

If you've had an HD Voice call already on O2, let us know your thoughts and feedback below... We'd love to hear from you.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Knew it lol 😁
Message 2 of 62

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122831 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I don't suppose I have got it then? Yes Note 3...but no Lollipop...yet...Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 62

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7227 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
shame I can't use it on my note 4 since i'm with vodafone
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 4 of 62

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I don't suppose I have got it then? Yes Note 3...but no Lollipop...yet...Fear

Never know - but hopefully you can test that out for us 😉 With the list of compatible handsets above, those are the ones we know to work with HD Voice, at least on the latest software.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 5 of 62

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
I have to say "it's about time" wink but yes, I have noticed it's been trialed recently.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

Although I have a compatable phone (iPhone 6 Plus) I haven't noticed any difference in my call quality, so perhaps my area hasn't got the HD Voice yet. 

Just need 4G now in my area  Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 62

newneotoo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yep just noticed it this today, very nice
Message 8 of 62

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I won't be able to try this out until I'm back in the uk but I have to say its long overdue.  Call quality had been noticeably poor having used o2, EE and DTAC in my Note 4. O2 has had distorted sound for a number of years. 

Message 9 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Noticed today when ringing from my s4 to the wife's iPhone 5s. Very clear, so sounds a bit strange after being on the old system.
Message 10 of 62