cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 online shop payment system - is it down??

smc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 28 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been trying to purchase a phone from online shop and payment is being declined. Tried two different cards so think problem is with o2, just wondered if anyone knew??

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I haven't seen any posts about it, I would ring them in the morning.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 7

smc
  • 28 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It was still the same this morning so I contacted o2 and then banks and turns out a lot of banks are blocking transactions to mobile phone companies as there is huge amounts of fraudulent transactions happening at the moment.
Message 3 of 7

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

So your bank is telling you where you can and cannot spend your own money, that doesn't sound right.

The forum would be deluged with complaints too as there are thousands of purchases made on this site every day.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 4 of 7

smc
  • 28 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They see it as protecting their customers I guess.

To have two different card companies do the same it shows there must be an issue with fraud.

As it turns out the first card I tried there was another issue, late last night they had been told of a number of cards which may have been compromised so instantly the cards are blocked and mine was one of them, so they have to send me new card. I was on their list to call today, I just got in first calling them!!

But with second I tried they were being cautious due to the amount of fraud and have now allowed me to make the transaction as they know it was me doing it.
Message 5 of 7

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@smc wrote:
They see it as protecting their customers I guess.

Protecting themselves, they are liable for any fraud carried out with your cards. wink

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

CrazyCrazybeen trying to pay bill with 4 different cards all get stuck on verification page!! keep trying to ring get same message"volume of calls etc please try later or hold" ,been doing this since sunday,yet ironically top up on dongle net went through,on Monday but phone payments nah

Will try 202 again 

Message 7 of 7