cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy SII

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everytime my phone gets re-charged I have to reset the time and date as the phone reverts back to 1st Jan 2000. How can I stop this happing????

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

especially when they are foreign!!!!

Samsung have dedicated UK service centres, or any Carphonewarehouse will provide service under warranty or paid for outside of warranty. Many CPW outlets have on site service workshops so only take a couple of days to turn around repairs.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are your time zones set to London for example.

Not sure if that's a fix tbh !

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vI4661-UiSM
Message 2 of 21

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
Sounds like your internal battery is dead.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 21

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Try carrying out a full factory reset if all else fails.

Although it does sound like the internal clock battery is what is failing and not retaining the saved date/time. This is what electronic devices do eventually and they will need replaced. It will be a small Cell battery that needs replaced.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the info regarding the SGII battery.  I have found out it is a common fault with some of Samsungs phones.  There is no internal battery only a capacitor so this really should be still under warrenty, should'nt it??

Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
How long have you had the phone.

24 months for the handset.

6 months for battery.

I would contact samsung first for assistance.

http://m.samsung.com/uk/support/main/supportMain.do
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have had the phone for 19 months, but, this has been happening for at least two months, plus since the phone updated to Jelly Bean it is very sluggish.  This phone rarely gets used as I love my old, way out of date  Samsung Libre C3300, only got this one cos of the data package when I am abroad!

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes performing a hard reset after an update helps.

Do a back up to preserve saved data.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...

Credit to MI5

Or let Samsung have it and they'll probably flash it for you.
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried that.  Although I love Samsung phones they do have problems and much to my horror with another Samsung handset (tocca lite) they are not the best to deal with.  Hey ho  will try to sort this out later.

Thanks for your help so far guys will keep you updated xx

Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
If you are leaving the phone unused for prolonged periods of time it will rundown the internal back up supply. It's best to keep it charged even if you're not using it.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21