cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with my PAYg Account

Anonymous
Not applicable

On Friday 7 March I closed my monthly phone contract (see this thread for details).  CS adviser said I would be refunded for what was not used from my previous PAYg account which I had only been 8 days into monthly allowance prior to taking on a monthly contract phone and also the first monthly instalment for the contract phone.

CS adviser said she would monitor my account over the next few days as it returned to my old PAYg account.  In the meantime she would send out a jiffy bag to return the phone and new PAYg SIM out to me.  On Wednesday 12 March I rang CS and said that I had received the new SIM card and jiffy and could they please connect to my old account and retain my old number. 

The new SIM was a combi-4g, my phone is 3g, the SIM card was for 3g too.  I was told to top up in the usual way which is £10 monthly and keep switching my phone on and off over the next 24 to 48 hours.  On Thursday 13 March 02 deducted £1 from my account to pay for 50m of data, the same thing happened the following day and so on. 

On Sunday 16 March I opened an 02 webchat where I explained everything that had occurred in the past week but the chat just went around in circles without resolving the situation.  The webchat host insisted I top up again by the amount of £15 so that he could activate the £10 monthly tariff.  I explained that I had been instructed to top up in the usual way and that I couldn’t afford to top up again.

I now have data traffic disabled and am permanently on wifi and using 02 data sparingly.

I am still on the 4g tariff and I have only £2.09 balance after successive £1 deductions for 50mb. I did receive a text last Thursday asking me to ignore the new monthly contract bill which had been emailed to me.

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145031 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
A couple of questions.....
What tariff have you moved to (check in "My O2") and have you called CS on 4445 or are you just relying on webchat?
If just webchat, I suggest a call would gain you better resolution.....
I think the problem here is that your PAYG allowance has not kicked in as the system is confused over anniversary dates etc, but CS can over-ride this by resetting the date and refunding you the credit that has been used.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

My account balance depreciates by £1 a day, whether I use my phone or not. Why is this?

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome.

This is a common topic on this forum. I assume you have a payg smartphone but no data package?

Smartphones use data all the time for the many apps that they carry as standard as well as the operating system.

If you don't use data much then I Writtle recommend buying the £3 per month data bolt on which gives 100mb per month.
Message 3 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My account balance depreciates by £1 a day, whether I use my phone or not. Why is this?

Web Daily is being charged as something is using data you need to turn mobile data off to stop this tell us which handset and somone can help you

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi and welcome.

This is a common topic on this forum. I assume you have a payg smartphone but no data package?

Smartphones use data all the time for the many apps that they carry as standard as well as the operating system.

If you don't use data much then I Writtle recommend buying the £3 per month data bolt on which gives 100mb per month.
I was only 8 days into my old PAYg tarriff and had hardly used my allowance before switching to pay monthly contract.  I was promised that any outstanding balances would be transferred over.My old tariff that 02 should have placed me on was PAYg Go Go, which consisted of 150m, 1000txts and 500mb, but 02 insisted in the webchat that I top up by £15 because they have mistakenly placed me on a 4g tariff yet I have only 3g phone.

Hi piperdog123,

Thanks for the reply.

I was only 8 days into my old PAYg tarriff and had hardly used my allowance before switching to pay monthly contract.  I was promised that any outstanding balances would be transferred over.

My old tariff that 02 should have placed me on was PAYg Go Go, which consisted of 150m, 1000txts and 500mb, but 02 insisted in the webchat that I top up by £15 because they have mistakenly placed me on a 4g tariff yet I have only 3g phone.

I followed CS instructions when I contacted them on Wednesday, 12 March and topped up by £10 and switched my phone on/off over the next 24/48 hour period to activate my tariff but it didn't activate my PAYg Go Go. Instead 02 started deducting £1 per day for data usage and various amounts for phone calls.

And I continue to remain on 4g tariff with a 3g phone and in need of refunds that were promised by 02 on 7 March.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145031 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
A couple of questions.....
What tariff have you moved to (check in "My O2") and have you called CS on 4445 or are you just relying on webchat?
If just webchat, I suggest a call would gain you better resolution.....
I think the problem here is that your PAYG allowance has not kicked in as the system is confused over anniversary dates etc, but CS can over-ride this by resetting the date and refunding you the credit that has been used.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6