Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of service in area I most frequent - o2 admit they can’t do anything

Pinkie_Pip
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took my O2 contract out in October after problems with Threes network. They were unable to fix the network issues at my work and let me out the contract, very apologetic. 
it is vital I have access to data and network here, as I have a disabled daughter who I need to be on call for.
I tested different network sims at my work place to find O2 was perfect. Many of those who I work with also moved to O2 at the same time.

Everything was going swimmingly until February when we lost signal. We cannot make calls, or use data. The O2 network site said there was an issue, and would be fixed within the week. 

The website updated but no network has ever been regained since. 

After contacting O2 on X (Twitter) and answering a list of over 20 questions in an email, they forwarded me  to the network team who looked further into this. The network team found out that they couldn’t optimize the signal, as they have no access to the mast, but don’t know the reason for the lack of access. They said the genuinely don’t know if this will improve. At this point it hasn’t. 

On two occasions, they said they had put notes on my account for customer services to refer to. 

I have tried to contact customer services, which was officially the worst case of customer services I’ve now experienced. 
I had 

* A rude lady who insisted in their country it was a holiday and couldn’t not put me through to complaints but she would “try”

*Ended up speaking to a man who’s connection was so awful he sounded like a robot so forwarded me to another advisor 

*Which then turned out to be the Bereavement department , which seemed to be based in the UK. I begged him to forward me to someone in the UK but he said he couldnt

*The fourth person was a lady with a bit more empathy but said there was no holiday in their country and that was a lie, but there are also no notes on my account for her to take any action. She couldn’t, or wouldn’t, put me through to complaints . She did refund me a month - I explained this didn’t make any difference because the network issue remains unfixed? She offered to send me a SIM, this would make no difference. 

Everyone I work with who moved to O2 is having the same issues, so being asked to change setting on my iPhone is TIRESOME at this point

As there are no notes on my account I managed to get the network team to call me again. A lady explained she could see my notes at her end. She also explained that blocking of the masts can happen if it is on private land. She said off the record my contract should be terminated, and she recommended to email and post here.

I am happy to pay off the remainder of the phone if I can terminate this contract, as I cannot use it where I do the most, and I have no contact with my daughter.  I’m back to where I was with Three, except they completely understood the issue. I cannot get to complaints or a manager at all. I’m paying for something I’m getting minimal out of. 

I have sent an email of complaint and O2s standard reply was that they would reply in 7 days. It’s been weeks and no response. I have a month left before I can take this to the Ombudsman. 

Can anyone help me get through to someone that will take appropriate action on my account?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Pinkie_Pip 

Nothing anyone can do now it's with complaints.

If you want to leave, just get your PAC  and go Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6773 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

Sorry, we are all customers here so can't access accounts.

Sounds like the usual story when site owners deny access to try and get more money. Interesting Three had problems.

Do you have WiFi at Work as enabling WiFi Calling will get you back online there.

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 9

Pinkie_Pip
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey MI5 👋 

I still have a significant remainder of my contract left so I don’t want to be in a situation of paying for two phones 😭

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Pinkie_Pip 

When you leave, you just pay off your phone, the airtime is cancelled for free.

You then own the phone so can get a cheaper sim only deal from another network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Pinkie_Pip
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I looked at the terms and it says I would be charged the remainder of my airtime too, not just the phone 😞 my contract doesn’t end until Oct ‘25

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Pinkie_Pip 

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Pinkie_Pip
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don’t think I’m on Refresh, I took my contract out via AffordableMobiles 

I had a message from online chat (which disconnected me before I could respond!!!! Getting sick of this!)

I do see your contract end date is 18/10/2025 and can cancel the contract by paying off the early termination fee approx. of £505.61. Please note - you will still be charged for the number of days the contract is active as per the airtime tariff.”

So is the £505 for the phone alone?

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Pinkie_Pip 

Refresh is only available direct from O2, so in your case, you need to pay off the number of remaining months multiplied by your monthly cost.

That still means you own the phone to do with as you wish, but will cost you more to do so.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9