Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud.

ElisabethGray
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok so I do not know if this is in correct place but a few days ago I stupidly fell for a scam phone call calling from a private number instead of the normal numbers that they use so I can't block or report the number but after I got my account back I'd changed everything including password and stuff but now there's an esim which I didn't request on my account and now as of yesterday the 8th of may there was an order for a new SIM card to my address which again I haven't requested and since my account was locked down with restrictions because the fraud team are investigating I don't know what is happening I don't want the esim or the SIM card so I wanna know how and why they are on my account.

Are they safe are they legit I don't want to install the esim or the SIM card.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23224 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@ElisabethGray Do not install the esim or any physical sim you receive. If the fraud team are already investigating you will have to wait to hear from them. That may take some time. In the meanwhile read the link below:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Scam-Alert-Vishing-Smishing-amp-Phishing-Megaguide/td-p/1...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23224 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@ElisabethGray Do not install the esim or any physical sim you receive. If the fraud team are already investigating you will have to wait to hear from them. That may take some time. In the meanwhile read the link below:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Scam-Alert-Vishing-Smishing-amp-Phishing-Megaguide/td-p/1...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2