cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Signal Issues - email to Ronan Dunne, CEO

Anonymous
Not applicable

TONIGHT I HAVE FINALLY LOST PATIENCE WITH O2 AND HAVE EMAILED RONAN DUNNE, CEO OF O2 TO GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF MY OPINION: ENJOY

Dear Mr Dunne

Please forgive me for contacting you directly. This is an extremely rare occurrence for me however I have been driven to total despair by your company's dreadful customer service and a downward spiral in signal performance.

I appreciate you are a busy man but I will keep this brief.

In my home postcode (XXXX XXX) and according to your website, I should get a "good indoor and outdoor 2g" coverage. OH NO I DON'T. I have repeatedly told o2 this and yet still your company lies to potential customers.

In my work postcode (XXXX XXX) and again according to your website, I should get a "good indoor and outdoor 3g & 2g" coverage. However the data signal is now regularly failing to connect. Apparently the network is congested but o2 have no plans to resolve the issue. So, you expect me to pay my contract costs on time but you refuse to provide a working service? How does that work?

I could give you a whole list of postcodes however I wont be so pedantic.

I have been in regular contact with o2 Customer Services who have repeatedly lied, never let you talk to a manager, failed to return calls, it takes over 30 minutes to even get them to answer these days and all I keep hearing is "terms and conditions".

Now as a business man, you will know that a contract requires two equal parties to sign up to and that each party must adhere to its obligations. I pay my bill on time. Do o2 give me a good signal? I dont expect 4g here yet, I recognise that. But all I get is negative from o2.

I have complained to the Complaints Review Service, who to be honest are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Their response? LEAVE. Simple as that. If you dont like it, leave. Is this how o2 treats its customers these days? The old o2 would make sure that the customer got a great service. Today's o2 doesnt give a damn. I have told o2 Complaints Review Service that leaving is the last option I would want to take, however if I do then I will take the handsets with me (as I paid for them 2 x £150) however CRS are demanding the handsets back (as I paid for them, I own them).

Recently, many more customers have taken to social networks to complain about o2 and their signal issues. Indeed, at a recent press conference you yourself said that 4g was not causing the current signal issues and that o2 were not being effective at getting that message across. So clearly o2 are experiencing signal issues and you have effectively admitted that. But nowhere was a solution mentioned.

Across the o2 community forum, people who have been o2 customers since BT Cellnet days are now saying they are going to move to other networks. I have never seen such negative feedback about o2.

So Mr Dunne, as Chief Executive Officer, you tell me what you are going to do about this? You tell me how you are going to sort out my issues to make me smile about o2 again. I have never seen a company's fall from grace be so spectacular as that of o2 currently. Others have fallen from grace yes, and went under. Is that what you want for o2? Remember there is a resurgent Vodafone, awash with cash, who plan to make the mobile world a much better place.

Will you reply to a customer? I doubt it, well, at least not personally. However I will watch with baited breath to see if a solution can be found.

Best regards

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I have said previously the information has come from the ASA and has personal detail so I won't post.

I know what I have been told by Mr McGarry at ASA and he made it clear that the ASA and o2 made an informal agreement to change the website.

Believe me. Don't believe me. That's up to you. I have the detail in writing from the ASA.
Message 21 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have recently assessed the O2 Coverage checker, following a complaint of a similar nature to yours.  I should tell you that we agreed to resolve the complaint informally, given that O2 had agreed to make changes.This is an extract from the email copied and pasted exactly as received:

Message 22 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok all. I was asked to feedback when the situation had been answered (or resolved? ).

Following email discussions a resolution has been reached which I am reasonably pleased with. I am unable to share the full details other than to say:

02 engineers have been asked to report back on poor 2g coverage both to Mr Dunne's office and to myself.

02 have agreed to recompense for the poor signal coverage.

02 have agreed to recompense for the incorrect information given out both on the phone and via web chat.

In return for the above I have agreed to honour my side of the contract, accepting there are limitations and remaining an 02 customer.

Within reason a win win for all concerned and a happier customer who has two contracts with 02.

Message 23 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for taking the time to update your thread.

Sounds like a reasonable outcome.
Message 24 of 79

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144673 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Good to know they have listened and acted slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 79

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Sort of a result, let's hope they can get you a signal.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 26 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Band / MI5

Yes the chappy I have been liaising with is one of the good ones and did listen which is important to me.

Hi Perksie

Re signal, I have noticed that the signal has been more stable at home in the last week with a (2g) signal almost all of the time. I have good broadband (7mb consistently) so home Internet not an issue so assuming the 2g signal remains constant then that is the limitation. At work it is 3.9g in most places.

I am also realistic. Where I live it is unlikely 4g will arrive until late in the cycle at home and perhaps midway at work. I understand that so have no intention of bleating about it.

My only thoughts on 4g are that when it becomes available to the semi rural areas such as this, the extra gb offers currently available (based on what we know now) won't be available to us to sign up to. Of course that may change.
Message 27 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey.

Remaining positive is the best avenue IMO.

Message 28 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Bandofbrothers

Indeed it is. I actually think Perksie is right and in two years time things for most will be vastly improved.

Thanks for your inputs
Message 29 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the network failed to improve in a time frame of two years then I would despair.

Message 30 of 79