cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Customer Service - Total Farse

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning all,

I'd like to share my recent experience, o2 probably wont like this.

So I'm nearing the end of my contract and o2 contact me offering an early upgrade. Great I thought so I took the upgrade and got my new phone. My wife then say's could she use my old phone as it was in near perfect condition Xperia Z3. Of course I say, but wait the phone is locked for o2 sim only and my wife is on EE.

No problem I'll get the phone unlocked, its now mine afterall, waiting 4 day's and the code arrived, with a letter clearly saying "do not enter this code wrongly 3 times or your phone will be blocked for ever" !!!

So I very carefully entered the code and message say's Unlock Not successful. OK I thought I'll give it one more go, same again. So contact o2 on 202 and say I think this code is wrong what should I do.

The very keen Customer service agent say's and this is a quote " Oh dont worry it doesnt actually block the phone, keep putting the code in and eventually it will give us an error code" so I ask again, " are you sure this wont block the phone" no no carry on....

Guess what the phone is now locked.... So back on the phone to o2 and in fairness after an hour on the phone they agreed to replace the phone for me.

This is where the fun begins, my handset is an Xperia Z3, so they placed an order I got a confirmation that the order was on its way. 10 mins later I get another confirmation for another order, next day I get a cancellation of an order.

So anyway eventually its the day the phone is due to be delivered, before 10:30 on a Monday morning, so I take half day leave to make sure I'm there and to get the phone. 10:30 comes and goes no delviery. Talk to o2 they have no idea and tell me to ring UK mail. UK Mail say "sir your order was delviered at 10:29 on Monday". Really I said, who signed for it. Someone called Helen. interesting no one by that name lives here I said. UK Mail's answer was "well maybe its with a neighour, dont you know your neighbours name then"

Turns out it was delivered to the wrong address on the other side of town, so UK Mail go back collect it and deliver at 16:00 on the Monday. So I've now wasted half a day's leave.

When I open the package its not a phone at all, but a screen protector for a Xperia Z5. OK so I ring o2, " I've got the screen protector but no phone...... silence........ I'm jsut checking sir......... your phone order has been cancelled........ "erm Why I ask"............ dont know sir.............Would you like to order another phone sir, no I would not, o2 are replacing the phone o2 can order another one. 45 mins later..... .OK sir I've got to put you through to our sales team to get the order placed for you. 20mins later..... .sir I cannot get through to them shall I ring you back when I do..... OK at least I'm not holding on the phone...... 2 hours later no return call, so back on the phone. This time I spoke to the best guy ever, he read my notes said "man this is not cool, let me sort this out". So phone ordered for next day delviery. Brillent..... Phone, case and screen protector now on the way.... .phew

Phone arrives Xperia X, and very nice too, case arrives, say's it is for an Xperia Z5, so I check the X in it and promptly falls out. Screeen protector is for Xperia Z5 compact. ARRGGGHHHH.

So just online chat with o2 and they are now arranging for a Xperia X case and screen protector to be sent to me ASAP. At last, although I have no confidence the right products will actually arrive.

What is o2 doing........ Customer Service at its worst... I mean really I've been treated better in McDonalds. o2 come on get your act together, Customer Service is your responsibiliy and as a consumer and customer for over 20 years. I've not lost half days leave, cost me money. A wasted trip to an O2 store only to be told to ring 202, another 1/2 a day of my time wasted. I've spent in total around 3 hours on the phone. If o2 are reading this I want to know what you are going to do...........

I wont hold my breathe..............

Not very happy o2 customer - Mark.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144545 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Monumental, but at least they sent you something - somewhat of a miracle these days wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23129 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anonymous This site is, in the main, a customer to customer forum, but I will tag @Toby, our Head of Community so he can pass your unhappy experience on to the relevant people.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

The sage continues, I have now been sent an Xperia X phone, a Xperia Z flip case and an Xperia X5 compact screen protector. I'm starting to wonder if these guys have any level of common sense.....

Is Customer Service dead?

Mark.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thanks, I've sent all the details to them.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks Bambino,

Who is @Toby ? what will he do ?

I wonder if Mark Evans would be interested.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am actually no better off though, all I have is an upgrade phone. Which I would have got anyway. Everyhing else they have done is a total [Removed]

I just struggle to beleive that a company this big take so little care and thought of their Customer Service Team.

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Once things go wrong it's almost impossible to resolve issues. A complaint may/may not help but it's something you really need to do.

Message 9 of 9