Did you mean: 

fraud team

IneedAssistance
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

not too sure whats happening. 

Emailed fraud team about 5 times, no response. 

Contact centre says cant tell me anything, please email the fraud team. 

I have upgraded from a sim only to a phone. 

The phone has come, I am currently using it with another sim (o2 have cancelled my sim) 

Please can anyone point me towards a direct line to the fraud team? 

I want to pay my contract and get this resolved! 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@IneedAssistance 

The fraud team are not customer facing and will not respond to you until their investigation is complete.

It is illegal for them to do so.

Nothing you can do but wait, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@IneedAssistance 

The fraud team are not customer facing and will not respond to you until their investigation is complete.

It is illegal for them to do so.

Nothing you can do but wait, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6658 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Regrettably there is no direct line to the fraud team. They are notoriously slow.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

IneedAssistance
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I am assuming I owe them some money , but I just want this to be sorted so I can continue using the phone that they have sent me lol guess I will have to wait . Thanks for responding!

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

Good luck @IneedAssistance and hope it's sorted soon for you.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

NotHappyWith
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How can the fraud team not be customer facing surely we are "a customer" or are we not? How are they meant to ask questions and get information without interfacing with the customer? Wonder how the police investigate things.... what a load of BS this statement really is!!!

I've raise a fraud case on 3rd June and 14 working days later nothing no response. Lots of calls to the customer service, e-mail's to the fraud team and complaints and not a single response. I want someone to tell they've picked it up and looking into it, it's not hard instead complete silence.

If reading this and thinking about going with o2 don't bother. Customer service is below zero!!!

Message 6 of 7

Orange8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I had exactly the same problem. Scam was on the 18th May, account frozen until last Friday 7th July.

I think the fraud team only rang me because as soon as I had my service back I applied for a PAC code to leave O2 and they thought that looked strange. 

I was assured the debt had been cleared and my account was back to normal but I am still getting calls from a debt collection company and my account still shows debts which are not mine so the saga hasn't ended yet. 

According to the assistant who called me from the fraud team it was an email from Sumaira in Customer Services 360 team who I spoke to on Thursday morning that finally did the trick. However I had emailed the CEO (Lutz Schueler) and customer complaints frequently, and decided to cc the press team on Thursday night stating that I had contacted the BBC You and Yours and Watchdog programmes. My account was then unlocked on Friday. 

According to the fraud team my fraud had been logged as impersonation fraud (which it was not) and that takes longer to process. Who knows if this is true so I will continue to make a formal complaint as 7 weeks without a phone is unacceptable.

These are the email addresses I cc'd. 

RPA_MB_CEOs_Office@o2.com, lutz.schueler@virginmedia.co.uk, complaintreviewservice@o2.com, pressoffice@o2.com, press@virginmediao2.co.uk, press@virginmedia.co.uk

I hope this problem has bee resolved soon for you by now, but if not I really feel your pain. 

Message 7 of 7