Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after porting number from Vodafone

Barny
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I ported my old number from Vodafone a couple of days ago. The old number now shows on MyO2 so the port was at least partly successful. However the network is now "temporarily unavailable" for calls and SMS and has been that way permanently since the port was done. I've done the usual turning off and on, network resets, taking out and cleaning the SIM etc but no change. Customer services seem to be non-existent so does anybody have any useful tips or is it best to cancel the contract and go back to Vodafone?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Barny
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

All sorted now. O2 shop replaced the SIM card with a new one and was up and running immediately. Many thanks to O2Georgina for all her efforts to help me out.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36601 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1632 Solutions

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Also ports do not happen over the weekend, so your port may still be percolating through the matrix - give it until tomorrow morning before reaching out to O2 via Social Media, link just below has all the ways, @Barny. Good luck.

Message 2 of 3

Barny
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

All sorted now. O2 shop replaced the SIM card with a new one and was up and running immediately. Many thanks to O2Georgina for all her efforts to help me out.

Message 3 of 3