cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to port number over, O2 says it's ported but everything is still going through Vodafone!

BS7RA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - frustrating scenario. I left O2 on 11th March for Vodafone but decided to come back. I took out a new PM sim on Saturday 16th March having cancelled with Vodafone and received a PAC code. I did the PAC transfer request twice to no avail. I spoke with O2 customer service who yesterday initiated the PAC change (for the 19th) and that it would switch that day. Nothing happened. This morning i woke up to a text & email from O2 to my old number (that i want to bring over) saying that the port has gone through successfully. However, i am still connected to Vodafone. If i try and call the ported number, it goes straight to Vodafone voicemail. O2's texts go straight to this. If i put my new O2 sim in the phone and call the number from a different phone, it just goes straight to Vodafone voicemail.

I tried to call the 'new' number which O2 gave with the new sim and that is disconnected, so i know my old number has been ported over to some extent. It's just it's still connected to Vodafone and as such i cannot use the new O2 sim. I spoke to customer service who were not helpful and told me to wait.

Can someone from O2 help me with this please? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10275 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@BS7RA 

Vodafone haven't completed the port then yet as it can take 24hrs for the port to be completed..  usually by 6pm today if the port has been done today..

No one from o2 will contact you from here,as this is a CUSTOMER TO CUSTOMER community

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

BS7RA
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK cool so i guess i just need to be patient then! Thank you. I'll wait till 6pm / 24 hours max and if still not ported I'll mention on here. 

Message 3 of 3