cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade is same as a new contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

What gives, why the heck is the upgrade plans the same as taking out a new contract.  as a valid customer for many years and wanting to move from the S2 to the S4 I was expecting a good upgrade deal but there is nothing that entises me to go with them, I aint paying £42 deal for free phone and same tarif.

A new contract for the Galaxy S4 on £37 monthly deal  and £70 for the phone unlimit txt and phone + 1GB data. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariffs/samsung/galaxy-s4-black-mist/

An upgrade for the exact phone and tarif is same cost with not a free phone, it cost £70 as well.

The message stated on the MyO2 site section doesnt make any sense:- 

"You can upgrade now.

As an existing customer you'll always get our very best deals."

Wheres the deal?

Ive found a better with another provider, but i would rather stay with O2 but this sucks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Everyone now whether they are a new or existing customer gets the same deal, its called fair, their are no loyalty perks anymore
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

People are not fair, the world is not fair, no one goes for the most expensive deal, people stay with a company for reason, convience+ loyalty+relationship+reliability, loyality is the bridge in which buisnesses can create a customer base.  Without that relationship businesses would have no relationship with the customer and could not offer better reasons for staying with them.   Better to have a life time customer than take loads of newbies who will disown you  over the next better opportunity.   Anyhow I prattle on too much.   its sucks.

Message 3 of 10

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

You think that's not fair? It used to be the case that the best deals were only available to new customers and existing customers were loyally screwed so the only way to get a deal to was to quote a better deal with a competitor via retentions. Now it's much fairer that existing customers are not discriminated against.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 4 of 10

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 285 Posts
  • 52 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

There is,if you want the s4 talk to the upgrades team and get it on refresh and tell them you can get it for free with other networks.They will give ya the s4 on refresh for free at £37.Trust me,the say they do price match.Just shop around,and quote where yo seen it.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
We know you like the refresh tariff so stop posting the same thing in every thread & let people make their own minds up
Message 6 of 10

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 285 Posts
  • 52 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
How about you mind your own business
Message 7 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No need for rudeness, people can make their points heard.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does seem to be a thing of the past
Message 10 of 10