gadget
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 47 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

i carried out a switch up at the launch of the s24

everything went smoothly the old contract ended the new began

fast forward 12 weeks the new contract has been added to my credit file but the old one hasn't been satisfied its still showing as outstanding. I assumed the procdure would be at the same time as the old one would be satisfied the new one would be added. 

How long did it take other peoples credit files to update with the correct information. 

Its now been 2 weeks how long should i wait until i contact o2 and which department assume its the credit department or something similar. 

thanks 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145426 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27931 Solutions

@gadget 

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Or unconfirmed amendmentteam@o2.com
You can write to or fax them:
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 12

gadget
  • 47 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the reply much appreciated 

have you experienced anything similar or seen posts on here about this ? i've searched but couldn't find any

i just wonder whether it will resolve itself or whether i should do it asap 

its not urgent but i don't want two loans on my credit file where it should be just one.

Message 3 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145426 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27931 Solutions

@gadget 

Difficult to tell with O2 so wise to drop them an email anyway to ask.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 12

gadget
  • 47 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks i'll give it afew days

i'll see whether anyone else replies with a similar experience and how long it took but having searched the forums i couldn't find anything. hopefully i'm making a mountain out if a mole hill

i'll give it till monday and then email 

thanks again for the reply

Message 5 of 12

gadget
  • 47 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update 

i waited 10 days to see if it would rectify itself but it didn't

so used the email kindly mentioned by MI5 this morning got an auto reponse so its the right one saying it would take 3 days for them to reply lets see how this goes. 

Message 6 of 12

gadget
  • 47 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

update 

no idea if this is the result of my email with creditfilereferals as still no response from them but the loan has gone from my credit file as of this morning thats with equifax i'll check the other two credit files when they update. 

so it looks like thankfully its sorted or on the way to being sorted

it was affecting my credit score though as my score did go up as soon as it disappeared i know its a made up score etc but it was impacting my credit files one way or another. 

thanks again for the replies i'll update this when the other two agencies update 

Message 7 of 12

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6799 Posts
  • 126 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@gadget 

O2's Credit File Referrals Team do not tend to be particularly quick and this can be a slow process anyway. Hence, my view is that it might be a coincidence that you sent an e-mail and suddenly the problem went away.  

Anyway, the problem has been resolved so I would not be too concerned as to precisely why ! 👍 

Message 8 of 12

gadget
  • 47 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Agreed i'll wait to see if the other two follow suit i'm thinking  they will  without any problems no reason for them not to. 

When i get confirmation i'll close this down 

i still don't know why it took them 5-6 weeks longer to settle the old loan from when the new loan was added but i'll know for the future.

I'll be doing another switch up when the Fold6 is released in july if its a decent upgrade

but i am enjoying the s24 ultra more than i thought so 50/50 so far

Thanks for your reply

Message 9 of 12

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6799 Posts
  • 126 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@gadget 

The S24 Ultra looks magnificent ; but somewhat bulky ?

I went for a S24+ as it's a little more manageable physically. 

I would be interested in knowing what you think of the Fold 6 if you decide to go in that direction. 👍  

Message 10 of 12