Did you mean: 

Switch up - Cannot move number from old to new phone

Thewookiewon
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello, 

I've been with o2 for a year and pre ordered my new Samsung Galaxy S24 ultra instore using my switch up plan on Thursday 18th January which was delivered yesterday. 

I then tried to order a eSim swap from my old O2 S23+ to my new phone but neither I or online support could do it. I was told to go instore.

Did that today and they couldn't do it either nor a physical sim, I'm told my S24 ultra order is still pending so no new orders can be placed. 

This is stupid as I cannot use my new phone (no number) and I cannot send back my old phone which has my mobile number attached by esim. 

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thewookiewon
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Twitter team were awesome, 2 days after speaking to them they were able to close down my processing order which enabled the ability to get a eSIM through the My o2 app.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Thewookiewon 

This should all be done in store with a new esim pack and a simple sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Thewookiewon
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The store couldn't do it, even the store manager couldn't do a sim swap. It goes back to my original comment whereby I've got a pending order which is preventing any new orders getting created like sim swap even though I've got the new order in my hands. 

I get this error when trying online:

Unable to make changes

Because there are some changes underway on your account, you can’t make any changes on this page at the moment.

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Thewookiewon 

Never known a sim swap be effected by the 30 day rule but if that's the case, it should be possible from your next billing date.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6605 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Wonder if that is to do with moving your account to the new billing system and they have locked things whilst that take place

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 14

Thewookiewon
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Blooming heck a whole month whereby I can't use the new phone. 

Something doesn't feel right 

Message 6 of 14

Thewookiewon
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 I phoned support, they're blaming a processing order for a free gift to get discount Galaxy buds 2 Pro and because I've not claimed it that's why it's causing my issue even though I don't want.

Phone support couldn't cancel the order and sent a request to the backend team to handle.

I get the that users might want this offer but maybe O2 should allow users to reject a gift via text to prevent this issue occurring...... 

Message 7 of 14

Thewookiewon
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Enlli so I've heard about the 360 system move but seems silly that none of the support agents on my o2, phone support or my nearest o2 store are aware of what's causing the issue. 

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Thewookiewon wrote:

@MI5 I phoned support, they're blaming a processing order for a free gift to get discount Galaxy buds 2 Pro and because I've not claimed it that's why it's causing my issue even though I don't want.

Phone support couldn't cancel the order and sent a request to the backend team to handle.

I get the that users might want this offer but maybe O2 should allow users to reject a gift via text to prevent this issue occurring...... 

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me @Thewookiewon 

I don't have any answers I'm afraid but if that was true, everyone upgrading to the S24 would have the same issue, but they don't.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

Thewookiewon
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

True but suppose most users are prob using physical SIMs still so wouldn't be an immediate problem when trying to modify the account......

Considering the future is eSIMs this isn't a great experience moving between devices 

Message 10 of 14