Did you mean: 

Switch up - Cannot move number from old to new phone

Thewookiewon
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello, 

I've been with o2 for a year and pre ordered my new Samsung Galaxy S24 ultra instore using my switch up plan on Thursday 18th January which was delivered yesterday. 

I then tried to order a eSim swap from my old O2 S23+ to my new phone but neither I or online support could do it. I was told to go instore.

Did that today and they couldn't do it either nor a physical sim, I'm told my S24 ultra order is still pending so no new orders can be placed. 

This is stupid as I cannot use my new phone (no number) and I cannot send back my old phone which has my mobile number attached by esim. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Thewookiewon wrote:

True but suppose most users are prob using physical SIMs still so wouldn't be an immediate problem when trying to modify the account......

Considering the future is eSIMs this isn't a great experience moving between devices 

@Thewookiewon 

I must admit that I've steered well clear of eSIMs myself. I'm not saying that I won't have one in the future, but I believe that it is still quite an immature technology that is improving all of the time but still has some way to go.  

Message 11 of 14

Thewookiewon
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Twitter team were awesome, 2 days after speaking to them they were able to close down my processing order which enabled the ability to get a eSIM through the My o2 app.

Message 12 of 14

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36249 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

One for the Forum Manager, @Dave-O2 to feed back to the Social Media Team, thanks @Thewookiewon 👍

Message 13 of 14

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 667 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 👍

@Thewookiewon So i can get this fed back to the Social Team, can you please drop me a PM with your Twitter I.D?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 14 of 14