cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online services help

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an email stating my bill is overdue and I have tried make payment online and am unable to call as I am overseas.

The online payment systems and my o2 are not working and the online chat is useless.

I was advised by the chat advisor to email mycare and then received an auto response telling me to go on chat! This is ridiculous.

The auto response also tells me to fill in a form which cannot be submitted because of the system outage. I have limited access to internet and this is being made incredibly difficult for me. 

I understand that system outages happen but it seems that the last few times I have contacted o2 (going back a year) I have had less than desirable service and it has taken at least three times contacting to get what I need done.

In addition to this I was assured that my iphone had been unlocked two months ago now I receive a message saying that it hasn't been and that it cannot be unlocked as it is not locked to the o2 network?

I am happy to make payment on my account but will now be withholding the payment until this is sorted out as I am unable to use my phone since 1st May. I have the money sitting there waiting to pay the account but refuse to pay for a service that I am not receiving...

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That number is free from a working O2 phone.

If you need it again go to "Contact us" on any page on this site.

The only other thing you could try is a formal complaint but I can't give you the link as the site is down for maintenance, a Google search for "O2 Complaints" will find it though.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Let's hope you never need any kind of credit back in the UK then.

O2 will have a marker placed on your credit score here until the outstanding bill is paid.

They are unlkely to unlock your phone either as it will be disconnected due to the lack of payment.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have consulted a debt agency and as I can prove that the money is there specifically for my phone bill this shouldn't affect my credit.

Message 3 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 don't have the money so I'm not sure how that works, to them it's still a debt.

You can call them from abroad when they're open on the number here (free if the phone is still working):

From abroad+44 844 809 0200 

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I have tried and it's no longer free. Also as I'm in NZ at the moment the 13hr time difference makes it really difficult

Message 5 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That number is free from a working O2 phone.

If you need it again go to "Contact us" on any page on this site.

The only other thing you could try is a formal complaint but I can't give you the link as the site is down for maintenance, a Google search for "O2 Complaints" will find it though.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again, I tried from my mobile (the 0200 suffix number) when I got the first notification about my bill and it told me to hang up and dial the 0202 suffix as the number could not be reached. 

Not sure what is going on really...

Will definitely be trying a formal complaint as soon as I can use the link slight_smile

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you live abroad permanently (not you personally, just in general) and there's a UK debt collector moaning for money; Is there any reason to actually pay it?

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You make a valid point, personally I wouldn't want to jeopardise any return to the UK should I need to though...

Message 9 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you give it a while the site isn't often down for too long, so it may be worth a try again.

Message 10 of 10