cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed - no free gift!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took the long, difficult effort of waiting on the phone for 45 minutes to try and upgrade my phone, to which I hung up, and tried the "chat now" function.

All is good, as I ordered the nokia 820, on a good contract, BUT I was told that I would get the free gift of the charging plate and the charging covers.

I'm thankful I saved the transcript, because I was promised both covers to be delivered with the phone, but I got NOTHING!  I have been with O2 for over 10 years, and I have never NOT received the gifts that have been promised.

Where have they gone? Why were they not sent? This was a key part in my decision making process to stay with O2 as I had a VERY good offer from another vendor.

Can someone tell me where the charging backs are, or I may have to travel into a store to get this rectified?!!!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I'm afraid the only recourse is customer service or point of sale. But I agree if it's been promised, free or not, it should be provided.

Message 11 of 19

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Steersy does raise a good point was the phone a upgrade?

And I must agree with perksie on this one.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Having a moan and whinge on here I am afraid it not going to help you get what you want. As I have said, you need to take it up with Customer services. 

The OP has come here for help and advice and was promised the charging plate would be included.

It's good to be helpful if possible.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 19

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Please keep your replies related to the OP's query and respect each other's responses. I have removed everything unrelated as it helps no one when posts become aimed at each other :). Everyone is trying to help which is great to see and I would love to hear ways we can improve help responses and guidelines on how to help.

Steersy, welcome, I have sent you a private message. slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 19

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
This may or may not be helpful, but wireless charge is already built in to the cover the handset comes with as standard, you just need the plate.

ewan
Message 15 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@ewanrw wrote:
This may or may not be helpful, but wireless charge is already built in to the cover the handset comes with as standard, you just need the plate.

ewan

That is what seems to be missing:

You can see it in the picture here:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 19

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Yeah, it's just cause the OP mentioned the covers as well, so thought worth mentioning in case of any confusion.

ewan
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i',m sorry but why do ppl keep saying isn't it enough to get a free phone excuse me but duh if u have a contract the price of the phone is in the contract itself the phone is NOT FREE at all 

Message 18 of 19

RueDrBouree
  • 45 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi Bluefire

I am no expert, but I "believe" that in most cases when you take out a mobile phone contract in the UK what you are actually paying for at least legally is the service. And that the handset is a sort of a free/subsidised gift for you to do with what you like. Thats why you see so many unwanted upgrades on eBay, the networks give the phone to the customer, so really have little control over what they do with them.

Of course the network is using the money the customer pays for their tariff to cover the cost of the handset, its just not sold like that.  (O2 refresh might be an exception as the handset price is clearly shown)

Alex

Been an O2 customer (off and on) since 1995
Message 19 of 19