cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed - no free gift!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took the long, difficult effort of waiting on the phone for 45 minutes to try and upgrade my phone, to which I hung up, and tried the "chat now" function.

All is good, as I ordered the nokia 820, on a good contract, BUT I was told that I would get the free gift of the charging plate and the charging covers.

I'm thankful I saved the transcript, because I was promised both covers to be delivered with the phone, but I got NOTHING!  I have been with O2 for over 10 years, and I have never NOT received the gifts that have been promised.

Where have they gone? Why were they not sent? This was a key part in my decision making process to stay with O2 as I had a VERY good offer from another vendor.

Can someone tell me where the charging backs are, or I may have to travel into a store to get this rectified?!!!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I cannot find mention of this free gift. Do you have proof?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I think the transcript would act as proof.

First off you need to contact customer service either by dialling 202 from your mobile or go back on Chat.

If the gifts aren't forthcoming then make an official complaint by following the link below.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not seem to come across rude but surely the effort you put in to sending this message would have been better spent aiming it at the O2 direct. 

How long have you waited for said items? Is not getting a phone for free not enough?

Maybe I am a bit more chilled out than most but the stampimg off feet because you did not get something for free doesn't really get my or deserve mt help. Sorry

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phones not free...i've already gone back to O2 and the response was "we cant help, unless you send the phone back and see if we resend a new package out, it may be in there"

the gift is on the nokia phone page...

its not that its free, its the principle...no point in advertising something if its not going to be sent?! Seeing as its a unique selling point of the offer and phone, its kinda important to keep customers and prospective customers happy?!

or am i wrong in thinking that?!

Message 5 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
No of course not if its advertised it must be upheld.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree if it was offered then you should get it, O2 can be very slow at times so it could be coming separately, but if you don't make a complaint.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Is not getting a phone for free not enough?

Don't be too quick to judge, if items are missing from the order even if they are free, the OP is entitled to come here and ask for advice, it's what we do and why it's called a community and not a forum.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you upgrade or are you taking out a new contract?

Looking at the nokia 820 page it would seem it is only for new customers. Now this may be where the confusion with the customer service advisor and yourself has come from. If the service advisor has incorrectly stated you are entiled to it then only dealing with the customer serice team and pointing this out will help your cause.

Having a moan and whinge on here I am afraid it not going to help you get what you want. As I have said, you need to take it up with Customer services. 

I will point out again that many upgrades on O2 especially mine over the last ten years have come with any freebies and I suspect the new customer/upgrade is the problem.

Message 9 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm finally found it I was a bit slow sorry.

It's lacking a lot of information but I agree you are definatly deserving one. I can't understand the need for the phone back.

Unless its some kind of promo pack without a normal charger(unlikely)
Message 10 of 19