cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bill isn't overdue, but 02 says it is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! Whenever I try to use my phone to call someone or even access voicemail, I am redirected without fail to an automated billing center, telling me that my phone bill is overdue. The trouble is, it isn't. My bill is paid monthly, via direct debit, ON TIME AND IN FULL AUTOMATICALLY.

In this instance, my bill was paid five whole days ago, but I still cannot use my phone. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: The amount I am supposed to owe comes to £28.90, which is the same amount taken out of my bank account via direct debit on the 21st of January.

EDIT 2: My phone was working properly yesterday. It could text and call no problem. It is only today that 02 have suspended my service, AFTER I PAID THE BILL. It's a farce, but I'm not laughing.

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123059 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

What a mess.

If O2's billing system isn't updating, I hope they get it sorted soon.

I wonder if the op has looked in My O2 to see what is showing there? http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Either way a call to Customer Services is needed. If you can't use your mobile to ring them then try this number from a landline 03448090202

Best of luck...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Assuming the direct debit went through successfully then something has gone amiss via O2's billing system. I can only suggest you contact customer service via one of the means in the contact link at the foot of the page and get them to clarify as to why this has happened.

Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123059 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

What a mess.

If O2's billing system isn't updating, I hope they get it sorted soon.

I wonder if the op has looked in My O2 to see what is showing there? http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Either way a call to Customer Services is needed. If you can't use your mobile to ring them then try this number from a landline 03448090202

Best of luck...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, no known issues with the billing system, so I would check if the Direct debit has been rejected...

Message 4 of 17

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, no known issues with the billing system, so I would check if the Direct debit has been rejected...

My initial thoughts too...

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've checked both My 02 and my bank account, the Direct Debit definitely went through. Will try customer services now that the line is open.

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are on a refresh contract you would likely have two direct debits. If this is the case have they both gone through?
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not on a refresh contract. I spoke to customer services, should be fixed in 24 hours. Thanks for responding.

Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123059 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not on a refresh contract. I spoke to customer services, should be fixed in 24 hours. Thanks for responding.

Thanks for updating. I hope it is sorted for you as CS state...Good luck wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

amici-pat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Glad this will be sorted - but not good enough - they should not be allowed to 'get away' with these types of responses or actions - your bill was paid - on time - end of story.

I had something similar and  it was eventually 'sorted' but I am still taking legal action against O2 as I had done absolutely nothing wrong - there was a glitch in the system which no-one would admit to for several weeks, and although offered a month free and a reduction in my remaining contracted amount, I am not happy with all that this mentally and physically cost me.

They should not assume in all cases that O2 is right and everyone else is wrong - First rule of good customer service - so in this digital age of 'throwing switches' first to initiate a reaction is not the correct way to go.

Message 10 of 17