cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free tariff upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've just logged onto MyO2 to have a look at my tariff and noticed that it says I can upgrade my tariff to the same as I currently have, but with 2Gb data instead of 1Gb and the price remains the same?  Is this right - it seems too good to be true.

If I want to just change the data on my current tariff by adding a bolt on, the cost is £5, but upping my tariff and the monthly charge stays the same?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's what I thought saw someone else do the same recently

It makes sense that quite a few people will be in this situation.

Message 11 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's worth checking My O2 whenever there is new tariffs released because it will always show you things you can move to and sometimes it might work out cheaper, or you might get more for the same.

It's best to be reminded you may well be switching over to new terms and conditions by doing so.

Message 12 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144498 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's best to be reminded you may well be switching over to new terms and conditions by doing so.

Indeed...., I can change to a £5 month cheaper tariff but in doing so I would loose my F&F discount 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really? How come?
Message 14 of 36

MI5
  • 144498 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
My "F" no longer works for O2 so I couldn't get a new code and CS say they can't carry it over to the tariff change.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mmmmm... It was my understanding that the F&F stayed on until you renewed your contract, I've never heard of it coming off even if you're out of contract.

In fairness though it's not something that would come to my desk so to speak so might be compeltely wrong.
Message 16 of 36

MI5
  • 144498 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
I'll call them again to check.... No point loosing £15 to save a fiver wink

Currently using:
Message 17 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I would, let us know what they say.
Message 18 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's worth checking My O2 whenever there is new tariffs released because it will always show you things you can move to and sometimes it might work out cheaper, or you might get more for the same.

I never thought of that, I just found out by pure chance.

Good advice though. slight_smile

Message 19 of 36

MI5
  • 144498 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I would, let us know what they say.

Apparently the young lady I spoke to has said she can change my tariff and still retain my discount, so she has pressed the relevant buttons on her computer - We'lll see what happens come the 17th April wink

If my discount vanishes I won't be best pleased 😞

Currently using:
Message 20 of 36