Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling the airtime plan after 24 months

SnowR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As per the contract of my refresh account it states that the airtime and the device plans are unlinked after 24 months. This gives the option to cancel/change the airtime but continue with the device plan for the remaining months. 

Has anyone actually been able to do this? 

I was on the phone for over 5 hours yesterday constantly being transferred and not one agent had a clue what I was talking about. 

I have paid the contract for 24 months and I have 12 remaining months on my device. I want to move to another provider so I want to end my airtime. Each agent told me this cannot be done and that I would need to pay off my device in full before I can end the airtime. For context my contract began in Feb 22 and I have completed 24 payments. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145078 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@SnowR 

The terms are quite clear but no surprise that agents don't know the rules.

For customers who took out an O2 Refresh contract on or after 17 December 2021
If you decide to end your Airtime Plan within the first 24 months of the Device Plan, you’ll need to pay off your Device Plan in full when you end your contract.
If you're cancelling after 24 months but still within the minimum term of your Device Plan, your Airtime and Device Plans are unlinked. This means you can either; (i) continue paying for your Device Plan in instalments, or (ii) pay off your Device Plan in full.

Leaving O2 | Account and billing | Help & Support | O2

If you Text INFO to 85075 it should show your device plan balance and that you can cancel the airtime for free, so probably best done online rather than hoping to find an agent who's aware.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36539 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? explains this, @SnowR - and you can always change your Airtime once a month regardless of the time remaining on the Device Plan: https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs

Contact O2 via 202 around 9am tomorrow to discuss, or try Social Media, listed in the link just below. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145078 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@SnowR 

The terms are quite clear but no surprise that agents don't know the rules.

For customers who took out an O2 Refresh contract on or after 17 December 2021
If you decide to end your Airtime Plan within the first 24 months of the Device Plan, you’ll need to pay off your Device Plan in full when you end your contract.
If you're cancelling after 24 months but still within the minimum term of your Device Plan, your Airtime and Device Plans are unlinked. This means you can either; (i) continue paying for your Device Plan in instalments, or (ii) pay off your Device Plan in full.

Leaving O2 | Account and billing | Help & Support | O2

If you Text INFO to 85075 it should show your device plan balance and that you can cancel the airtime for free, so probably best done online rather than hoping to find an agent who's aware.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 3