Did you mean: 

Pre-paid award Mastercard £200 not received

Denis3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I purchased eligible for the award smartphone (Pixel 7a) and Airtime 60Bg £30 plan back in mid-Feb 2024. I successfully claimed pre-paid £200 Mastercard the next day. It was supposed to arrive by the 13th of April. Unfortunately, the card never arrived. Support team created a request and keeps telling me "we are working on it" for more than 2 weeks now. Meanwhile my Airtime plan which I otherwise do not need keeps eating my money.

Has anyone received those pre-paid Mastercards at all as it starts looking like a scam to me?

Will I still be eligible for the award if I cancel Airtime plan now? From one side, I had it for more than 2 months as T&C require. From another, the card wasn't issued yet.

And lastly, how do I complain about this situation? O2 claims support team said that they have no ETA for the issue resolution. So they effectively can spend years "working on my request"...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145107 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@Denis3 

All we know here Guide: Gift with Purchase  

How to complain here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10295 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

@Denis3 

Yep, had mine and the text arrived on the day it was supposed to arrive, and was activated within 30minutes, following the email and text. 

The only people who can fix issuing the card are PureCard themselves via the details on https://o2claim.co.uk as o2 cant issue the card.. 

You will still have to pay for you airtime unless you pay off the Pixel 7a device plan in full... I would keep preserving with Purecard...  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 7

Denis3
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for you reply. I paid off Pixel 7a device plan in full right away. Though I had to have Airtime plan for at least 2 months to get the Mastercard. Now 2 months passed, card is not there and I don't know what happens if I cancel Airtime plan now before the card is issued. PureCard support team said that they don't know either...

Message 4 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10295 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

@Denis3 

If you are outside the 60 days then you should be fine, but I would wait for the card to be issued, before cancelling it. 

And if I recall, paying off the device plan makes you ineligible for the card, as you need to keep the device plan and the airtime for the 60 days... 
https://www.o2claim.co.uk/About/Termsandconditions#january_terms

1. To qualify for the Gift, your contract must remain active, and you must not have returned your Qualifying Purchase or cancelled your SIM only contract within 60 days of purchase. 
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 7

Denis3
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply, @madasaf1sh.

I can't find anything in the T&C about being ineligible for the card in case I pay the device in full. Which paragraph is it?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Denis3 

It looks like it is point 10 to which @madasaf1sh was referring, which is near to the top of the page in the section entitled "Promotion Period and Qualifying Purchase" :-

Oxonian_0-1714590230752.png

Message 7 of 7