Did you mean: 

Account closure

adamolszanski
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have recently left the UK and hence requested to close my o2 account. On April 26 I have received an email stating that my number was disabled and my final bill will be provided within next 14 days. We are nearing those 14 days deadline but I have not received any final bill and o2 is constantly charging me a monthly fee of 10GBP from my bank account (last payment was take from my direct debit on May 2 when my number was already disconnected. I have not disabled my direct debit as o2 asked me to keep it to cover final bill.

I even can't speak with a human agent I can't use myo2 app anymore and I am not fancy calling them from abroad and pay hefty fee for international phone call. 

I left the message on o2 facebook messenger but I believe that it might take them ages to respond. And don't want them to charge me another 10GBP monthly payment on June 2 as I do not use this number anymore. Can somebody help please?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Looks like you will need to get back in touch with them then @adamolszanski 

The only thing I can think is that you happened to cross over with the normal monthly schedule, so your final bill will have a refund but only customer services can confirm.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Not from here @adamolszanski as this is a customer community.

How did you request your account was closed? It doesn't sound like it was processed correctly.

This is the community guide on closing your account:

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on +44 800 902 0217

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Guide: A Guide to Skype 

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 2 of 4

adamolszanski
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply ! I used an official chat in the o2 app. I have received an email confirmation from o2 that my account was disabled. So I did this as requested. 

IMG_8253.png

Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Looks like you will need to get back in touch with them then @adamolszanski 

The only thing I can think is that you happened to cross over with the normal monthly schedule, so your final bill will have a refund but only customer services can confirm.

Message 4 of 4