O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
andy_dadswell60

O2 Network fault

My O2 sim has been reporting either 'No Service' (iphone) or 'Emergency Only' if I put it in another phone.
Other O2 SIMs are working fine in either phone.
This has now been ongoing for 48 hours and no sign of resolution, I have engaged O2 Chat to be told that it's a network problem and the engineers are working on it.
The O2 Status page has not been updated throughout to indicate that there is even a problem, but via O2 Chat I have been told that I'm not the only one.
Is there a network problem ?
Can I expect the O2 Status webpage to be updated to indicate that there is a problem ?
When can I expect resolution it's already been 48 hours with no service.
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
canwefixit

Re: O2 Network fault

There's an issue with the system causing this at the moment and o2 are working on resolving it.
If you call customer services they'll email your number to the person in charge of dealing with the problem to make sure it's looked at.
Please use plain text.
shred

mine has been the same for 3 days now...i ring up everynight to report this but get no answers..i am now using a pay as you go sim...how long will this go on and how long do i have to wait untill i can cancel my contract legally.as far as i can see o2 are not providing me with a mobile network that im contracturally bound and paying for :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
canwefixit

[ Edited ]
mine has been the same for 3 days now...i ring up everynight to report this but get no answers..i am now using a pay as you go sim...how long will this go on and how long do i have to wait untill i can cancel my contract legally.as far as i can see o2 are not providing me with a mobile network that im contracturally bound and paying for :smileysad:

Well, I've posted your answer, it's a system issue, no specific timescale for a fix but it'll be resolved ASAP.
In the meantime, if you call customer services they'll send an email to add your number to the list of customers who have called in about the issue and so far most are getting service back within aprox. 4 hours.
Baring in mind that customer services will quite happily credit you back for your down time and possibly even offer a gesture of goodwill, if you're that desperate to try and cancel your contract over this issue then Link: CLICK HERE so you'll know where to send whatever letter/email you bash out.
Please use plain text.
K_Smyth

I am the same had no use of my mobile for 3 days now.
I have called several times and been told that there is no timescale for resolving this problem.
I have contacted Consumer Direct who have advised that under the 'Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982', O2 are breaching the contract by not giving a timescale. They have advised that I contact O2 and agree a reasonable timescale, if the problem is not resolved by this time then I would have grounds to get out of the contract as O2 are not providing the service under the contract.
Please use plain text.
sparklybex1

I have had this same problem now for 2 days, it is so inconvenient, when I tell friends about it they can't believe it. It is vital I have my mobile due to illness and needing to contact people. If I knew when it was going to be fixed it may help, but all they say are engineers are working on it. I really want to leave o2 now, I've totally lost faith in them and want to know where I stand as am only about 4 months into a 24 month contract???
Please use plain text.
andy_dadswell60

I followed the advice given, and now have my phone back in action although the 4 hour timescale was incorrect, it was still No Service after 6 hours, but it was ok this morning.
The thing that irritated me is the advice given online via chat was just "we know about the problem and our engineers are working on it", at no point did they ever suggest contacting Customer Services to get my number onto an email.
Please use plain text.
shred

as if by magic...my phone is working...happy at last but,customer services need to have answers and not tell us to ring in day by day!
Please use plain text.