O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 2: Apprentice
M355Y

O2 Inclusive Minutes

Hi
Sorry for such a long essay but it is easier to explain in detail.
I used to be with O2 and unfortunately left to go to Vodafone because a friend of mine works there and gets me discount on my monthly bill.
I phoned Vodafone before moving and asked the question....my parents live in Alderney, Channel Islands are calls to their landline (01481) included in my inclusive minutes. I was advised yes so did the move from O2 (who have never charged calls to my parents home phone or mobiles in Alderney).
My first bill came through and then my second and I noticed that Vodafone were charging for calls to their mobiles there but not their home phone. I went through Customer Relations to be told sorry yes calls to mobiles are charged but home phone is fine and included in your minutes package.
They let me decrease the amount of minutes and package I have due to no longer calling their mobiles. So I carried on.....then my third bill (this month) came through £144 (£87 phone calls to their home phone) I went ballistic :mansurprised: well actually I was in tears from being lied to again and my partner called Vodafone (12.01.11), the woman on the phone raised a recalculation investigation and said yes you shouldnt have been charged.
I called yesterday to get the outcome to be told by a gentleman (whom I couldn't understand a word unfortunately) that the bill was correct and I had been phoning the Isle of Man (ummm no I haven't)
My friend at Vodafone is now trying to sort it but if I didn't have him I would be confused as to what to do :womanindifferent:
I want to come back to O2 and I am sure Vodafone will let me leave seens as they are the ones who have lied continuously to me :robotmad: however I have been told O2 charge for calls to Alderney, Channel Islands.
Can you please help as when I was with you 4 months ago and the years before as I was a long term customer you never charged for any calls to mobiles OR the home phone, it was all inclusive in my minutes package.
If O2 don't and I know this is cheeky but are their any mobile phone providers out there that do include calls in my inclusive package as I just want it sorted once and for all, it is unneccessary stress, hassle and upset that I don't need nor want :robotsad:
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
canwefixit

Re: O2 Inclusive Minutes

Calls made on o2 from the UK to the Isle of Man, Guernsey & Jersey (including Alderney, Herm and Sark) are charged at the customers standard tariff rate and are included in their bundled calls.
Please use plain text.
M355Y

So....they should be inclusive minutes. Why do provider websites say they are chargeable then :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

So....they should be inclusive minutes. Why do provider websites say they are chargeable then :smileyindifferent:

Do you mean the O2 web site as I don't see that anywhere?
Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.4
Please use plain text.
M355Y

I looked at so many providers websites last night lol I can't remember but I don't think I could find it on the O2 website.
Please use plain text.
M355Y

I have just called O2 and the guy said the same as the person who replied above - that Calls to Guernsey, Jersey and Isle of Man are charged at Standard rate therefore are included in the bundle
YAY....Gotta leave Vodafone now (which they will have to do as they have mis-sold and lied to me) and go back to O2
Thank you for your help
Please use plain text.
Level 9: Fired up
Beaufighter

It just shows that not all charges are standardised. I know that T-Mobile charge EU roaming/international rates for these destinations and I assumed everyone else did too.
One for the 'tell me one thing about o2' thread :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 948
Solutions: 1,018

[ Edited ]
Below is from t&c for contracts after june 2010 note mobiles are charged according to this I have underlined it but landline 01etc are included

Inclusive minutes on O2 Pay Monthly tariffs can be used for calls made in the UK from an O2 mobile to:
UK landlines (starting 01, 02 or 03); and
numbers allocated to UK mobile network operators that provide mobile services with substantial national coverage (this currently includes the five major operators O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone and 3, and providers such as Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile and BT Fusion),
all provided that O2 may exclude from your inclusive minutes allowance calls made to any number ranges which O2 reasonably believes are being used for call forwarding services, onward calling services or numbers that pay a revenue share. Calls to selected telephone helplines are also free of charge and not decremented from your inclusive allowance. A full list can be viewed at: www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/freenumbers
Inclusive minutes can not be used for calls made in the UK to:
non-geographic numbers (starting 08, 05) which are charged at 20.4p per minute, except calls to 0871 numbers which are charged at 35.8p per minute;
non-standard or "special" 07 numbers (all those 07 numbers that are not specifically included in your inclusive minutes, including 07 numbers allocated to network operators in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man), which are charged at 25p per minute, except Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man numbers which are charged at 20.4p per minute, 076 numbers which are charged at 35.8p per minute and 070 numbers which are charged at 51.1p per minute. A list of the 07 numbers which are not included in your inclusive minutes and their charges can be viewed at http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tari ... ialnumbers. Please note that it is updated regularly as new number ranges are allocated or we become aware that the use of existing ranges has changed;
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
M355Y

Vodafone called and have sincerely apologised for mis-selling the product and have let me leave. Currently waiting for my PAC code then calling O2 to move back over.
Really struggling on what the best tariff to go on though for the Iphone 4 as I have to send it back to them and pay 'again' to get one from O2
I need 600 minutes plus but dont know whether to pay £5 less a month and do 24 months or go for more minutes and the phone be less :womanindifferent:
Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

Only you can answer that really! :smileywink:
Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.4
Please use plain text.