cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change tariff!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a brand new SIM card on the International SIM tariff. I have never topped it up. I want to change to the £15 Big Bundle tariff but I keep getting an error message whether I try to do it online via My O2, via 2202, or by texting 15BUNDLE to 21300.

What am I doing wrong? I do not have any credit, so cannot call customer services.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144408 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Glad you're sorted slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Glad you're sorted slight_smile

Thanks. I just wish the systems here on O2 were a bit like giffgaff's: get access to any deal without faffing around with tariffs.

Message 12 of 16

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

The only way is to contact customer service. You can change tariff once every 30 days if need be....

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

The only way is to contact customer service. You can change tariff once every 30 days if need be....

Yep it's done, thanks for your replies slight_smile

Message 14 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. I was able to change the tariff pre-top-up via Live Chat.

Happy to hear you got it sorted @Anonymous! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 144408 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
The process works in a similar way to giffgaff's except that you need to request the tariff change rather than just buying a different goodybag, but yes, I agree that it's easier on giffgaff.
You can text to change tariff now you've got yourself set up but for outright flexibility, giffgaff is much easier.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16