cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was due for an upgrade and I was more or less told to go to carphone warehouse ? weired or what then went to up grade onthe web site and I think it was created by someone on planet zog as it make no sense one bit

been with o2 10 years and they just got so bad i will have to throw the towel in this time . 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

We typically suggest putting £20 on and use some to make chargeable calls to latch the imei of the phone to the O2 account and then use the remaining £15 to pay for the unlock. 

Live Chat do have the tools to return taken funds. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried all evening & live chat not available, I didn't want to use any credit as the £15 was for unlocking the phone now it's gone! on a bundle I didn't ask for or need. There is no one available to speak to + I've got to spend more money trying to speak to a human being! and my guess is I have lost my £15.

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phone is working as I rang o2 with it but I was in a queue at 8.30 ish & robot said prob not be able to get anywhere as finished at 9-00pm 

Message 13 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
You will get the £15 back but you still need to make some calls to latch your IMEI to the network.
If you have free minutes now on the bundle you are on I suggest you make some calls whilst they are free or else you will have to top up even more.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 18

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

They may refund and change the tariff for you but you still need to make a few calls or the unlock will be rejected.

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

surely if I make any calls I am then using the bundle I didn't ask for, I presume then I will have to put another £15 on which I don't want to do, my main complaint is why can I not get hold of someone! thanks.

Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
We understand that and are offering you advice in good faith based on our experience - we can't help with no one answering the phone, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry - did you not know O2 is run by intellectually challenged 6 year olds. I'm leaving despite being a shareholder
Message 18 of 18