cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 email service being withdrawn

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand that O2 will shortly be closing its email service so all of us currently using an O2.co.uk email will need to set-up a new email address with another provider and also change our identity information with all the dozens or hundreds of sites where we use our emails as identities or on our registration and contact details as well as having to inform all our contacts of the new address. This really annoys me enough to want to change my mobile account to another company. Does anyone else have thoughts on this subject? Ron G
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

It's already been discussed at length on here.... Many not happy 😞

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Email-Webmail-to-close/m-p/510096#M8420

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's difficult and laborious to change email clients if you use one extensively but I'm not sure the loss of email warrants changing your mobile network. Be careful you don't jump ship out of anger and find yourself with a network that doesn't give you the same coverage or meet your specific needs.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

People often vent displeasure on forums by saying they intend to cancel everything because of a certain issue (often a minor one).

I suspect very few actually do.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to be one of the many things o2 are discontinuing

Message 5 of 5