Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great service

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

So last Thursday I decided to prepare for the future just in case. Called customer service (4 minute queue) and ordered a 4G sim and was also offered a free PAY & Go Go Go sim to pass on to a family member. Both arrived 1st Class Royal Mail on Saturday morning.

Decided not to swap over during the weekend for obvious reasons so filled in the Swap my sim form this morning at 10.00am fully expecting to be without network services for the best part of the day. Unbelievably my current sim was disconnected almost immediately so inserted the new sim. By the time I had done this and booted the phone up, the new sim connected immediately, a total of 12 minutes from filling in the form to having a fully provisioned 4G simcard.

Well done O2, incredible customer service and I'm now all set should I wish to take advantage of the 4G service after launch.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback, Jonsie, glad it went so smoothly slight_smile

Message 2 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's very good service, very speedy and slick! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

How much were you paid to write that?

Have you tried calling O2 customer service recently?  I was kept holding on for 45 minutes for a simple query to be answered and, unfortunately, had to call again a week later; this time, with an 'improved' half hour wait.

O2 customer service is an absolute disgrace. To keep a customer on hold for such a long period is completely unacceptable. There can be no excuse for it.

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Paid nothing write it and was the absolute truth.

I had occasion to call again last Friday around 1.00pm (busy time!) and had a 10 minute wait. I rang from my contract phone with regards to closing down one of my two P&G accounts and transferring the credit to the one I wanted to keep as backup.

Spoke to James, polite, helpful and job sorted within 5 minutes. Good customer service. Having said that I'm not naive enough to think that everyone gets the same standard of customer service but I have never had a bad experience in over 17 years as a customer.

Yes, as with a lot of companies, the business is being streamlined and staff numbers cut so waiting times will vary at different times of the day. Sorry your experience was not to your expectations.

Message 5 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How much were you paid to write that?

Quite offensive to suggest that, jonsie has no reason to make stories up!

You have made an incorrect assumption that because you had a delay everyone will.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 7 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I thought I was quite admirably restrained in my response wink

It's the attitude that everyone on the planet tells lies except them of course! Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I called in yesterday at 7 pm and was only on hold for 7 minutes can't argue with that slight_smile
Message 9 of 9